I just got broken up with and am not in a very good emotional state

hey, i just got broken up with and am not in a very good emotional state. im a tennage kid and everyone thinks i should just get over it but they dont realise the relationship i had. i loved this girl so much.

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter how old you are, it doesn’t make it easier to “get over it”. Your heart has had a connection with someone and is now sitting in grief and loss. It does hurt and it does take some time to allow your heart to find healing.
It can be healing and helpful to surround yourself with friends who give you support and fill your heart with happiness.

Allow yourself some time to practice self care and know that your feelings are valid. They feel heavy right now, but it will get easier

3 Likes

Hey @kye.salmo262

First off, I’m sorry to hear about your breakup. It’s completely normal to be feeling really down and hurt right now, no matter what anyone else says. This relationship was important to you, and it’s okay to take time to grieve it. When it comes to your feelings, don’t bottle them up. Cry if you need to, talk to someone you trust, write in a journal, express yourself however feels right for you. Talk to friends, family, or a therapist about how you’re feeling. Surround yourself with people who care about you and will listen without judgment.

Just remember, healing takes time. There will be good days and bad days, that’s normal. Don’t expect to feel better overnight. This is a time for self-care. Do things that make you feel good, whether it’s reading, taking a hot bath, or spending time in nature.

Remember, you will get through this. This might feel like the end of the world right now, but trust me, there’s so much love and happiness out there waiting for you.

3 Likes

Hi kye.salmo262,

I’m sorry to hear about your recent break up. The end of a relationship is always hard regardless of how old you are. Your feelings are very valid, and I am sorry that they have been invalidated thus far. I think sometimes people can forget that teenagers are very much capable of having strong feelings the same way as any adult. Having a relationship with someone requires building a bond with them, time and effort, and you engaged in all of those things, so when they come to an end, it takes time to heal and be okay. Despite what you have been told so far by others, I’d like to let you know that it is okay to be hurt, it is okay to grieve the loss of the relationship and the person that you love. And to encourage you that one day, you will feel okay again, in your own time, and be ready to give love another a try. :white_heart:

4 Likes

Hey Kye, Thank you so much for posting. I am so sorry that you are feeling this way, that your relationship has ended and that you are finding it hard to overcome. The end of a relationship at any age is very difficult, if you love someone it doesnt matter how old you are, feelings are real and emotions are valid. You have every right to expect people to take yours seriously.
You will feel better in time, these troubles do ease and we move on but its ok to do that at your own pace. Please take care of yourself though, its important to do that. We are here anytime you wish to talk or need someone to listen with no judgement what so ever. You are loved Lisa. x

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing about it and how you feel, @kye.salmo262. It’s okay if you are not “over it” in any way, it’s okay if your heart needs time to process what happened and mourn the person you lost. A breakup is a brutal experience and it feels as if an important part of your world has been removed away from you. It is absolutely understandable to feel sad and hurt because of it. You are allowed to feel the way you do, to say it, and to receive support as you navigate these raw emotions. You are not alone, friend. Sending much love your way. :heart:

2 Likes

Your experience and feelings are so valid and valuable so being young doesn’t make that any less true. Take your time to climb back up to a more positive emotional state by taking good care of yourself and reaching out to speak to people who do understand as there will be someone around who does not minimize what you’re going through.

It’s such a beautiful thing of you to be so human and to love: use that powerful energy to uplift yourself and don’t let the disheartened thoughts sully this first step in your journey.

4 Likes