I just need somebody to love me

It’s stressing me out. I have decent grades, some friends, and my parents are nice but it’s just that I have nobody who loves me. My parents don’t count on this because they don’t understand me that well. Of course I have some fine friends but it’s not enough. You might think I’m just being picky now, but it’s really been bugging me. The thing is, my friends would have been enough if they actually cared about what happened to me. The summer before last, my family visited Italy and I was almost run over by a motorcycle and I told quite a few people. I bet you can’t guess how many were interested or surprised. None. There was also a time in algebra class when we were working on posters with our table groups for solving for an x value or something. I had a good idea to make the poster a bit more creative but they decided against it. We were all having fun so I said “Why does everybody hate me?” playfully. But then somebody in the table group said “They don’t hate you, they just want you dead” He meant it as a joke but I got mad at this and blurted out “Well that’s fine because I want me dead too” and it was true. Somebody else said “don’t say that” but then it was back to the normal conversations. Nobody took me seriously. The only people who I can talk to about how I feel are on an online game called ROBLOX. It has been harder to focus in class because I spend a lot of the time just going over my thoughts. And my friends haven’t noticed anything because I was quiet and shy all the time even before this started. I think that maybe the reason that people never really noticed me was because I was too shy to go up to people myself. The thing is, I can easily and confidently go up in front of a crowd as long as I have everything rehearsed, but if you talked to me you would find me very shy and polite. I know that there’s not really anything that you all could do for me, but I would like some advice if there’s anything that I can do before I can’t take it any longer.

Hi- I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling this way. Feelings of loneliness and being misunderstood are incredibly painful and I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been struggling with this. I get everything you feel- you want more depth that you are getting- you want passion and dedication. I think that if you talked to your friends or family privately and very seriously about how you felt, they might understand better. They may have assumed you were joking or that it was the wrong environment. I think that spending more time discussing your emotions and even just getting quality time with people should help you. And what you mentioned about the motorcycle- its not that people weren’t worried, I think its just that you weren’t injured so they thought you were okay. I accidentally went down a one-way and I drove into a man’s yard and my friends all treated it as a joke lol. Its just when no one is hurt, people don’t take it as seriously.
I think there are some misunderstandings due to miscommunication- you might be too quiet about your issues and you should try to get some quality time to discuss them
I hope this helped- I wish u the best! :heart:

another thing is that its really good that you spoke up about these issues- even asking for advice and explaining your situation online is a really healthy and effective step to finding solutions to your problems. things are gonna get better! i believe in you!

Thank you so much! This is a really big help, I think I will do that. And also that makes a lot of sense with the motorcycle. I think my friends would care if something happened to me, but with the given situations I kinda had to question it. And with the other incident, maybe they just thought it was a quick response to what he said so they thought I was only joking. No point in bringing up the motorcycle with my friends, they probably wouldn’t remember. I also don’t think they would really understand. All anybody really knows about me is that I’m in Senior Jazz at school and that they shouldn’t be mean to me because I can be sensitive to that stuff, because nobody has ever really asked me about my life. Any ideas on what exactly I could tell them?