I love this song so much it is sooooooooooooo rela

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist want to be Happy. By NF
I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH. It is sooooooooooooo relatable for me :heart: omg every lyric in this song is sadly me, for about a decade now. I feel like he wrote it from my brain.
“First to admit I’m a lonely soul but last to admit I need a hand to hold” I totally am afraid to be happy again bc I FEEL it won’t last. But I’ve been truckin along with PTSD, major depression, anxiety and panic disorder… I remember who I was when I was happy, I loved it. Just dont see it happening again. #heartsupport

3 Likes

This is such a poignant thought and one that I know I can relate to.
I’m sorry that you’ve suffered and that it’s impacted so much in you to the point where you feel like happiness will always elude you. It’s both a wonderful and bittersweet thing to look back on our old selves when we had the before of all the experiences we now hold.
At times it is almost like watching a different person.

It feels like trauma can rob us of so much in life and that what it leaves behind is just fragments. It seems unfair that we are the ones who have to pick up those pieces and try to reshape them into something new and functioning. Nobody gives you a guide on how to do that.

I do think it’s important to allow ourselves the small mercies of experiencing happiness in the moment. I know that at times it hurts when it’s fleeting, but I think it also starts to build hope. It builds little moments to hold onto. I know during some dark nights I am thankful I have some recent thoughts of happiness to turn to for comfort. Not to mourn them (which can be an easy thing to do), but to know that in this moment of uncertainty there is a chance for the storm to pass. To not have to rely on hearing cliche’s or to wait until nothing is going to be bad ever again, because it’s a process and it takes time. But being able to have that tangible moment for myself to turn to is something I think is important.

1 Like

Hi there. Your post really hit me. I am so glad you shared this part of yourself here. I did a short(ish) video to offer some thoughts and support. I love this song so much it is sooooooooooooo rela -- Response | Loom