I m at my wits end can t handle much anymore i dea

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Sick Boi Ren
I’m at my wits end. Can’t handle much anymore. I deal with OCD, Bipolar 1 with psychosis. I’m 48 and I’m tired. 3 manic episodes since I was 19 years old. The manic episodes lasted over 4 years combined. Then the major depression came soon after the mania. But the psychosis, stems from mania, is the most frightening thing I’ve ever had to endure. I have everything to be happy with, like my wife of 28 years, my 3 beautiful children, and of course my two beautiful grand babies. But I’m not allowed to enjoy them. It’s a pathetic story that I hope ends soon.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. That is a lot to deal with.
It seems that your conditions have been taking over your life for pretty much all your adult years. You sound exhausted with the experiences you’ve had to go through, and you feel remorse for not being able to enjoy your growing family.
I’m guessing that you’re already having treatment, either therapy, medication, or both. I hope for you that you’ll be able to continue working with your doctor or therapist in order to find the optimal treatment. You deserve that chance to be able to spend time with your family and enrich each others’ lives.
Hold Fast. We believe in you.

Hey there,

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. This must be really difficult, so thank you for being vulnerable with us. I hear you and want you to know you are not alone. Dealing with these conditions can affect all aspects of your life and make it difficult to enjoy things that matter to you, like your family. I want to encourage you to reflect on what interventions (therapy, medication, or self-help) you have present in your life at the moment. I think communicating with a professional about what you are currently feeling and what is or isn’t working would be beneficial in finding the right treatment curated for you specifically.

It is never too late, and there is no rush. No matter what you have going on, you deserve to be happy and live a fulfilling life with your family. If there is anything else you want to share or you would like some more support, please reply in this thread. We are here to help in any way we can. <3

@@HeartSupport thank you for your response. I continue to put one foot in front of the other and hope for the best. The disorders just control me till I can’t breathe. Thx, again for the response. Good to know people care.