I-m-struggling-everyday-with-anxiety-depression-an - 2130

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/34046
I’m struggling everyday with anxiety, depression, and depersonalization. I’m definitely not ok. But I want to be so badly.

2 Likes

@andybarryofficial thank you so much :raised_hands::heart: our minds are definitely a battlefield. I’m going to reach out to my provider about CBT. My energy levels are so low anymore . It makes it a struggle to get through work

1 Like

@abstractformgrimm I absolutely relate man. I used to struggle with really intense anxiety (typically followed by depression when my energy was spent), as well as dissociation. Definitely not fun times. I haven’t tried any medication, but I definitely second Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)! Although I’m not perfect, I’ve regained so much in my life and have learned so much about myself and psychology through it. the first step is the one you just made in your declaration above. You can totally do CBT thru a therapist/licensed counselor, preferably one who takes your insurance. You can do a search on Psychology Today to see counselors near you that are capable of CBT. It might take a couple different counselors and about 3 sessions with each to find one that fits you best, but once you find that counselor everything becomes so so worth it. Our minds are malleable, our neurological pathways CAN be rewritten. There’s hope for us! Thank you for opening your heart here. I support you!

2 Likes

@vuzyvic again thank you so much. I’ll check out that app as well and get with my md to find a good therapist :heart:

1 Like

@abstractformgrimm because I was still considered a pediatric patient at the time, I ended up going to the emergency room during one particular panic attack where the derealization was overwhelming. It got so bad to the point I was waking up with it and falling asleep with the feeling. When I went to the emergency room they had me evaluated by one of the psychiatrists in at the time. Because my symptoms described ptsd with derealization and panic attacks, and due to the fact I was in severe distress, I was put on 25mg of Zoloft until I could be assigned a proper psychiatrist that would treat me long term. I started treatment with the doctor shortly after and he referred me to a psychologist (cognitive therapist who I used to speak to weekly). I am pretty sure you can find a good therapist online that will take your insurance, if you are looking to avoid medications. She taught me a variety of breathing exercises that I still use if I ever encounter a panic attack (which is much fewer in comparison to when I was diagnosed). She recommended me to things like guided meditation videos on YouTube. There is also an app called “Reflecty” which is basically a virtual diary you can write in at anytime to jot down your thoughts/feelings. It took a considerable amount of time to get to a place where I feel safe/ stable in my emotions. But the best thing I can say is it is possible even when it feels like it’s never going to end. In due time you will overcome it. I definitely suggest looking at options online or even going to your overall md and ask if he knows of anyone that could work. I hope this helps, let me know if you want to know anything else. Sending blessings your way :raised_hands::muscle::heart::trophy:

2 Likes

@vuzyvic thank you so much :pray: the derealization is so terrible. I know it’s brought on by trauma and anxiety. The cognitive therapy, did you go about getting through a normal psychologist/therapist? Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

@abstractformgrimm hi there, I have PTSD, anxiety, and panic disorder. When I was first diagnosed with my PTSD and anxiety one of my symptoms was intense derealization. I can say that what helped me immensely and got me to where I am now is cognitive therapy and I do take Zoloft. However there are other options that I have tried that have helped me as well that didn’t involve medicine. Meditation does wonders as well. I’m sorry you are going through such a terrible time, I know the feeling all too well but this too shall pass. If you ever want to reach out, I’m always there to talk. :heart: here for you!!!

2 Likes