I’m worthless

I’m 17 and I always ask myself why i exist I really hate my life im always so alone i always stay at home because I don’t have friends even at school they always ignore me except i have good grades so they talk to me only before the exam i hate my personality im very shy and i always help them and smile to them but I don’t have any friends i try to stay strong but it never gets easier i cant handle it anymore i hate staying at home and all my sisters are hanging out with their friends . when will i be happy ? I’m worthless:(

2 Likes

Hello Madison,
I am glad you are here. Being shy is not a bad thing at all for it can make future relationships so very strong. Sometimes it takes time to find that relationship but as long as you take care of yourself and love yourself then others will see that and admire that in you. I assume you are still in high school by the way you talk about your classmates. High school is a very strange time indeed and I would definitely not try to envision your future based on what is going on in your life in HIGH SCHOOL! It sounds weird when you are in the midst of your current situation but believe me after you graduate there is a huge shift in your life and THAT path is where you can find new friends and experiences. Hang in there friend. You are loved and simply need to continue to be you. We love you.
joefor88

2 Likes

Thank you so Much for ur kind words❤️

2 Likes

I used to be really shy during my high school days but realized after I got out it became much easier to connect with people. However being shy or quiet isn’t a bad a thing. It gets much easier as time goes by so just hold on. :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s a nice quote I found

“inner world is by default fronted mysterious and therefore assumed weird. Never underestimate the social awareness and sense of reality in a quiet person; they are some of the most observant, absorbent persons of all.”

Criss Jami

2 Likes

I know that being shy or quite person isn’t a bad thing but i’m not like that Im only being shy and quiet when I’m at school or when i go to a place there’s alot of people i just lose my confidence idk why.and Thank you so much for your reply and I definitely take your words to my heart

1 Like

Like social anxiety? It can be very common if that is what is going on. You may not be comfortable with the folks in your school or something. I remember trying to talk to anyone and everyone that I could especially when I found myself shying away from everyone. This is counter intuitive and rather difficult to do but along the way I would find kids that I could relate to (also found some real jerks but it happens). Just know that you are young and have so much left to experience. You are irreplaceable. Hang in there, friend.

2 Likes

Exactly i think it’s sociall anxiety Thank you so much for your supported u helped me alot . God bless you forever♥️

1 Like

This is definitely something you can beat. Just take it an hour, a day, a week at a time. No need to hurry anything up because it will just make things worse. Hey, friend, I am glad I could help. Don’t be a stranger. It is nice to get positive updates as well.
God Bless.

2 Likes