I made progress!

Hey its been a while, I had some serious ups and downs along the way but because of those hurrdles is where i am today. Dont give up, dont give into defeat keep trying and keep pushing!

After so much anguish and evil desires of wanting to give up and wanting to take my life over time, if i gave up i would have missed out on this amazing job, having this amazing person in my life that im dating. But most of all i reached rock bottom and i found God. And i started reading scripture it was easier to understand in Amplified Version (AMP) and i got so much out of it. I found a good community church surrounded myself with good influences helped me off drugs. Away from bad influences and by cutting those people out of my life i made a lot less bad choices too. God became number 1 in my life without turning to him for help, honestly i should be dead. If i didnt struggle with the idea that there could be a heaven and hell and if im struggling so badly here on earth and i dont know Jesus, Hell that feeling but way worse because its everyday for all eternity. I deserved peace i felt that way. I took everything that i felt and i said i cant hang onto this anymore. The only thing i did give up was holding onto so much baggage in my life. And my relationship with family is being restored.

6 Likes

Wonderful! Thanks for the good news.

1 Like

Wow. Just wow! So many strong, significant and amazing changes! I have in mind the times when you reached out while hitting rock bottom, and it goes beyond words to hear about how your journey has been evolving. I’m so, so, so thankful for you for not giving up on yourself, for persevering in the midst of what you were dealing with. What a relief it must feel to breathe now. You’re amazing!

1 Like

That is wonderful! I know last time you had a few struggles, but as you said, you didn’t give into defeat and kept pushing, and that is amazing to hear! As you continue your successes, you can inspire others too which is a wonderful feeling in itself!

Please definitely keep us updated on your progress!

2 Likes

@GoldenNuggs42 im so pleased to see you and even more pleased to have the honour of reading your update.
I just want to say I’m really proud of you.
I see that connecting with church has really helped you feel connected and provided some really important steps for you to come through your journey, but also to acknowledge that you sought that help out and made the decision to make a huge change in your life.

Thank you for coming here to share this with us! I’m so happy that we get to share in both your hurt and triumphs, it means a lot that you shared this x

2 Likes

Hello GoldenNuggs42! It is lovely to hear from you have so long. I’m so thrilled that you are doing better and that finding religion has helped you so much. A new job and love interest are always exciting things but even without them you are still an amazing person so please never lose sight of that.

I hope things continue going strong for you. Keep swimming! :hrtlegolove:

1 Like