I may be bi?

I’m having so much confusion right now. I always used to think I was straight because I’d never been attracted to girls romantically. But now, I’m not so sure. I have this friend (female) and I think I might like her as more than friends. But then again I do know that sometimes people can just be really close friends. I’m not sure if that’s what this is or if I might be bisexual. I’m just so confused about my feelings and I’m honestly struggling through this. I know my parents and siblings would be fine if I was bi, but ugh I don’t know!!! Sorry, this is so messy. I’m also struggling… spiritually. I’ve been raised as a catholic, but I have never felt close to God. I’m kind of a mess right now and I don’t really know what to do about it.

5 Likes

hello friend,
This does sound like you’re going through a lot, and discovering things about yourself as well. I’m glad that you have an external support system that is there for you, no matter what.

We’re here for you, to help you through it, to cheer you on. You’re loved and appreciated, just as you are. And you’re worthy as well.

2 Likes

Hey @lov1

Discovering your sexuality isn’t easy for some people because it’s not always an A or B choice. It’s confusing when you don’t know what’s happening to you.

It’s a process that you figure out over time and it’s ok and perfectly normal to feel confused (especially adding being Catholic, I am too) I’m pretty sure a lot of people experience this at one point in their lives. It’s not something to be ashamed of and you shouldn’t feel that you need to hide.

There is no rush to figure this out and if you’re not sure about how you feel about your friend, just give it some time and let things happen organically. If there comes a moment where you want to bring it up and it’s safe, do it. Just go with your heart and listen to your emotions.

Take each moment as a learning experience not a negative one. :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

Everyone’s sexuality is unique. No one is 100% straight or non-straight. Considering that you may be bi just means that you have not suppressed or hidden from your own feelings. The Creator made us to exist on a sexual continuum, rather than be 100% one way or another. Therefore, sexual orientation isn’t a religious issue. The only time it becomes a problem is when one person forces their sexual agenda on another. We are free to choose how we react to our urges, and which ones we choose to nurture. Therefore, be comfortable with who you are, even now as your sexual identity continues to evolve.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.