I Quit my passion/ but I don’t if I can stop

Yesterday my co worker had a talk with and she I need to stop skateboarding. She said I need to grow up and take care of my health. I know she right and she cares about me. Also, I don’t have insurance and I need to keep my jobs. But I still want to skate, even I never fit in with skate crow and I was not good. I still really like doing it, I know it childish to skate and I was even emo kid posting Instagram that I was quitting. It hard to let go, my health is important too. It suck because Massachusetts health insurance is terrible. They even cover my basic needs and hard to find stuff for DBT and CBT therapy. I even had mental breakdown because of it. I feel I’m losing part myself I will never get back. I don’t know what to do.

(Side note ) I’m still of people telling me what to do, my co worker means well, but I hate she tell what to do with my life, however I know I can’t think for myself and she only that cares about me. It suck im too disabled to figure out my own shit.

I just don’t know what to do

Sounds like you’re stuck between what’s supposedly good for you and what you desire. I am a person that believes in following the heart. You want to skate? Then who cares what other people think? As long as you take care about your safety, wear protective gear and stuff. It should be fine.

Hi! I think you should continue to skate. I know things are hard right now and I’m going through a similar situation, but I think you would regret it if you did quit. And I don’t think its a childish interest at all- it seems like a sport that requires a lot of precision, coordination, and patience.

2 Likes