I recently lost my friend of 22 yrs to suicide and

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Hot To Be Me by Ren Ft Chinchilla
I recently lost my friend of 22 yrs to suicide and this song just IS what I am now

1 Like

I also lost my best friend of 20 something years hugs

Hey there,

First off I just want to say thank you for being open with us here, we appreciate it and don’t take it for granted.

I am so sorry for your loss. Loss is something that I know too well, but not in this way of suicide. I cannot even begin to think how painful it must be to experience loss in this way.

Loss is so hard… a lot of people including myself ask what more could I have done? What more could I have said? I want you to know you did the best you could, and that is okay. There is nothing more you could have done to change the outcome of this. It is important to remember we cannot save people… it is hard to accept, as we just want to so bad especially when we love them so much. But we have to remember that we cannot save people… they have to make their own choices.

Please know you are not alone in this, we are always here for you, to listen, to be a shoulder to lean on.

When we lose someone it is so hard to get back up, to see the positives… I promise you it gets easier. In the moment I know it feels like this can never get better, but I promise you it does get better. Getting out of bed, or doing every day tasks can be difficult after loss, a lot of people struggle with that. Something that I have been trying to do is make myself just 1% better every day. One percent doesn’t sound like a lot but it adds up. Maybe you get out of bed one day, maybe you take a shower one day, every day try to do something that will make you one percent better.

When I lose someone I try to remind myself that even though they are not here with me on the plains of earth, they are with me in spirit. For me it can be some kind of solace to remind myself of that. I try to get things to help me remember them by, know that they are there in spirit.

I cannot even begin to think how difficult it must be to overcome what comes with the loss of a friend to suicide. I am glad that you have this song to relate to, sometimes music helps me feel less alone. Just lets me know, reassures me, that I am not the only one going through this struggle. It is so hard to see the light, but I promise you there is light out there. There is love and happiness and you are worth it. You deserve to be happy, you deserve to do things you love.

I hope that these words can help you in some way… bring a little support. You are not alone in this fight, and you are deserving of all good things. Please know we are always here for you.

Take it slow friend.

With love,
Lys