I-struggled-for-a-long-time-with-the-passing-of-my - 2677

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/41426
I struggled for a long time with the passing of my childhood best friend. I did not feel the same for a long time, but just recently, I’ve felt like I have been able to carry on for them. I think about them everyday, and their death has impacted the way I see and view the world tremendously. They were always trying to get me to play music growing up. And I would always turn it down and turn it down. But ever since their passing, I feel like the opportunity to create and play music has found me, and in a way, I feel like they’re there with me through every note played, every instrument I pick up, and every lyric I write. My friend and I actually saw Silent Planet live at the Tabernacle in Atlanta years ago, and despite our differences, music was always the one thing that brought us together. I carry on for them :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

1 Like

@coldbrew.brad What a beautiful testimony of LOVE that you are sharing here. Yes, huge yes, your friend is present with you through the music you play, and there is no doubt that they would be so very proud of you. It is really hard to find purpose and meaning in life after we lost someone so dear to our heart. It also feels at times as if embracing life would be some kind of betrayal. When someone is gone, time is suspended, and we can try to hold on to this for a long time. But you did find your way, and what a beautiful one! Your friends care and love are finding a resonance through your passion, projects, and the way you live your life today. It is so encouraging and inspiring to hear about how much you’ve overcome, and how much you honor his legacy today. <3

@coldbrew.brad oh thank you so much for sharing this friend. It sounds like you are really creating art and magic through this grief and you’re doing it with them! That’s so powerful. Such a beautiful way to honor your friend and to process your emotions. Sending love as you continue to heal :black_heart: - taylor