I suffer with really bad depression over my life i

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to Freak on a Leash by Korn
i suffer with really bad depression over my life i losses everything and i have a muscular dystrophy life can be hard but i did find hope in my nieces i still feel like i have little left in my life and i have be to therapy but it didnt really work im really good at keep my self together listening to a song or just drinking my problems away it work i know one day i will kill my self not bed im to sad or anything but when my body fails me but i do like to create when i can. wish you the best

2 Likes

Life can be very hard, and its nice that you find hope in family members. I’m not sure if you would want to share more ever, but I think that potentially adding in peer support, and sharing more of the feelings you are going through/Letting them out. Might be a good, and positive addition to things you are currently trying. I say this because it helps me. I am not sure if it helps everyone, but I would like to think it does.

Not all therapy/therapists are right for everyone. So it is okay that what you have tried didn’t work, but I wouldn’t let that discourage you from potentially trying someone new, who might have an approach that is more therapeutic then the last. Regardless, thank you for sharing with us what you are going through. If you ever want/need to share more. Please feel free to do so. <3

I’m sorry that you’ve been struggling so much, friend. As you said so well life can be really hard on us, and it sounds like you’ve been having your share of struggles to carry on your end. I can imagine how much there’s been days when you have felt like pushing through and forcing yourself to keep moving forward, especially during times when it felt like you had nothing left to fight for. It is so hard to see beyond the scope of our pain when it hits us in such a raw and deep waay. Plus, dealing with muscular dystrophy, your body gets tired and it must feel like slowly burning sometimes. As if there would be only one way out, one ending possible - that you would be doomed to not have a fulfilling life or to know true joy.

It makes sense to feel the way you do, really. It makes to feel like somehow hope would be gone and that you’d have to accept an unwanted reality. Still, in this journey of yours, there may be sparsks of hope and joy to discover, or re-discover along the way. Years and years ago, you may have not expected the joy that your niece could bring into your life. Sometimes, it brings us good surprises, even if it’s hard to see it, or to even accept it. When the pain lingers in the background, it’s like your default state would be to always feel depressed, sad, to always be hurting. Still there is a fierce fire in you, a life through every breath you take that is worth the fight, worth the resilience you’ve been tyring to build over time.

I don’t know if therapy is something you would still consider, but I would certainly encourage you to keep trying towards that path eventually. Just because therapy may not seem to function for us at a given time, and be more appropriate/effective at a differement moment of our life. It takes also time to find the right therapist, and to explore different therapies/approaches to find the one that suits us well. I’ve definitely been on that struggle bus for a little while, but it was worth it to keep opening new doors as I found, at some point, a therapist that really clicked, which has unleashed positive benefits and effects in my life. Of course it’s not a magic medicine, but having allies by our side is always worth it. Especially as we try to figure out this crazy thing called life. :heart:

@@HeartSupport thanks i really appreciate you spending your time to replay i know my life will not be the same as must people but thats ok its my life with every challenge i over come i feel stronger i know one day i will end it and thats not a bad thing when i cant live because of my body i will stop living but for now the gift i was given for this illness is to enjoy the moments you are given just stop to enjoy whats around you not worry to much about tomorrow i have got better at stopping my from getting to bad thanks again dont worry im not planning of doing anything to stupid any time soon :slight_smile:

1 Like