I think we all have a monster in side us doesnt wo

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Monster by Skillet
i think"we all have a monster in side us"doesnt work.Because i feel like,if id ever open myself and show my "monster"poeple wouldnt accept it.They wouldnt understand.And this fear is stronger than my will to become healthy again. @heartsupport.And im not able to see an therapist…(i mean id be able but i gaslight myself into thinking thats just a phase…)maybe theres a tipp.however good video
keep it.Take care people in the comments

2 Likes

I agree with this person that we all have a dark side in us. We are indeed flawed human beings who are complex. However, that is okay thing. It’s okay to be flawed and to have that dark side in us. Fearing rejection and being ostracized by others because coming forward is something I’ve gone through myself. I held in that “monster” inside of me for a long time, but coming forward has allowed me to better the relationship with myself and other people. I think therapy has been also so helpful in my journey. Having that setting to be open and vulnerable is key. Allowing our dark side to shine just a little bit can help us improve on what we want and help us heal. I think of it as hugging ourselves authentically. Saying to ourselves that it is ok for us to be where we are, and we can get to where we want to be, just one step at a time. I sincerely hope this user seeks the help they deserve and I wish them nothing but the best. We are here for them and I wouldn’t be doing the work that I do unless people needed help. Sending them much love and good vibes.

Splash.

Hey friend,

I can understand exactly what you’re saying. I’m now 32 but when I was in my teens and into my late 20’s I had this exact same beliefe.

There’s a concept that was coined by the psychoanalys, Carl Jung, called “Shadow Self.” This article lays it out very well:

In short, ignoring the monster inside us can lead to a bunch of knock-on effects that we or others don’t want. However, the paradox is to accept that shadow self. Embracing the flaws in yourself allows you to be more self compasionate and fill your own cup and inversly enables you to show and share love with others around you.

That said, in our journey through mental health - really anything - is done so through the idea of “it takes a village.” Another way of saying it is, “if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”

It’s okay to open up. To share those things with people or professionals you trust. There’s nothing wrong with seeking therapy. I would argue that it’s the right thing to do. I wish I would have done so when I was younger as has taken me a long time to sort out a lot of things that would have been mediated long ago if I just accepted my own faults and reached out. I didn’t know any better at the time, but I now feel it important for others to do what I did so they don’t have to suffer like I did.

We’re all in this together, friend.

Hold Fast.

Hi @HeartSupport_Fans

Defining the song more:
(Source from
Meaning of Monster by Skillet )

Skillet “Monster”
is a song about the internal struggle of accepting one’s true self and the fear of being judged. The song expresses the feeling of being overwhelmed and out of control, and the fear of being seen as a “monster” by others. The lyrics explore the idea of having a secret self that can’t be controlled, and the desperation for someone to save the singer from this darkness. It also touches on the underlying emotion of self-loathing and hating what one has become. Ultimately, the song speaks to the theme of self-acceptance and finding strength in the midst of the struggle.

Here my take:

So, finding self-acceptance and finding strength in the midst of the struggle would be the best possibility this would mean you have to give yourself the confidence to battle through the storm of life dark situations and find enough strength to overcome the odds.
The goal is to overcome the monsters inside of us. The goal is to have the strength to overcome all of it entirely. So, I say just open up and use the strength to overcome with strength. Hope what i said gave some more directions and helped.

Hold Fast
@KyleGouldOfficial

Thank you for taking the time to reach out. The fear of what others think of your inner monster is very over powering. And it is true that there are people that aren’t capable of understanding your monster and still loving you as a whole person.
For me, I am a reserved person mostly because of that fear of rejection. It’s taken some time, but I have found a few friends that I can share what’s going on with my life even though it’s still difficult to fully open up. I have found it beneficial to find a therapist that understands my struggles, and even when I feel ashamed about certain things, I do put it out there in our sessions even if I want to avoid it.
It’s okay if you haven’t found the people that you can be completely open with yet, but I believe that they are out there. Even trusting a therapist takes time. If it’s of any interest, HeartSupport does offer a one-week trial with Better Help. There is also a year-long mentoring program that allows you to build a connection with a mentor and allows you the time you need to open up. Links to both of those are found here: Get Help | HeartSupport .
At HeartSupport, it doesn’t matter what you’ve done in the past because you are always a person worthy of love and acceptance. You are allowed to share your struggles in your own time as you choose the people that you are able to trust.
Hold Fast. We Believe in You.

Thank you so reaching out to HeartSupport! We can all relate to have a monster within us. You’ve mentioned fear so that very well might be yours. You’re afraid of rejection and simply want acceptance. At HeartSupport, it’s our goal to give you that. My personal “monster” is grief after the loss of my first love to leukemia. It’s something I fight daily even 20 years later. Just know you will always have a listening ear at HeartSupport. I’ve been a big Skillet fan since 2003 so If this song resonates with you, I suggest giving “Awake and Alive” and “Never Surrender” a listen from the same album. Other great songs include “The Last Night” and “Rebirthing.”