I-ve-been-struggling-with-a-lot-of-loss-this-year - 2601

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/41426
I’ve been struggling with a lot of loss this year hasn’t exactly been the kindest to me. First I lost friends who are in our local punk scene and even though I didn’t know them well seeing my friends who loved them were different and they suffered and I wanted to be able to help them even though I know I couldn’t. Then I lost my great grandma which wasn’t as much sad but as much as a release I guess cause she lived to be about 97 and every day for the past 5 or so years she’s done nothing but lay and bed and have someone take care of her to the point where someone had to help her go to the bathroom everyday and it was just so sad to watch this person lose a piece of themselves day by day but I’m grateful she doesn’t suffer anymore, lastly my uncle died who I wasn’t close with but his death took a piece of my grandparents away and it hurts having to watch my grandparents cry and suffer and i had to cut ties with my other grandma cause she said some not very nice things about him right after he died and I can’t stand to even see her after that. I’m struggling with my own battles of mental health, depression, anxiety, relationships, my band, etc. that I think about killing myself often but I know I have a lot of friends and loved ones who would be extremely upset if I wasn’t around anymore so it’s all im holding onto. With that being said I hope everyone recovers from the loss they are suffering from

1 Like

Man - carrying all of that weight inside - that’s a lot. It’s like throwing rocks in a backpack you’ve been lugging around, when you’re already packing serious weight and on a crazy steep climb in your own life. You’re holding a lot. I’m impressed that you’re able to hold on in the midst of so much going on - that you have a clear head to see - people care about me and they want me around, and even if I don’t see my own purpose, I know they do, and so I know I have so many reasons to live. This is powerful inner strength! And that kind of strength is inspiring because this choice you keep making to live will be an opportunity to give hope to others - especially being in a band, you have the opportunity to share a message with others, and you will have a beautiful one to share. Thank you for opening up about all of this here. If you need to chat again or just have a safe place to dump some of the weight you carry, you’re welcome back any time to heartsupport <3