I-ve-been-struggling-with-the-loss-of-my-dog-since - 2612

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: HeartSupport_Fans Content #2564
i’ve been struggling with the loss of my dog since July 29th. tomorrow marks a month and every day is a different level of difficult. she was my best friend and my first pet. i miss her immensely. shout out to Gar, he is one of the best people in this scene. :heart:

@nit_witter thank you so much, this definitely reflects the experience :sob: really would do it all over again. :blue_heart:

@rachellereacts i read a quote/saying once that really stuck with me, something with similar message:

‘grief is the tax we pay for the love they brought us, i would’ve paid twice.’

hang in there! :heart_hands::paw_prints:

@heartsupport thank you so much. you all are awesome with what you do and making people feel heard.

@rachellereacts Rachelle I am so sorry for your loss. It can be so painful to lose a pet especially, because their love is so pure. They are always there, always grateful, always happy to see you, and us humans often miss that mark. Not only that but there is so much purpose in caretaking and giving love to something and when you lost your dog I imagine it could feel like losing that as well. Add on that this was your first pet and it’s only been a month, I’m sure your heart is aching. Sending you love as you navigate this. This community is here for you <3

@rachellereacts So sorry for your loss, friend. It’s incredible how much emptiness our pet friends can leave once they are gone. This loss is also so recent for you and it makes so much sense to feel like every day is a struggle. You are forced to learn to compose with your life without her and that is such a painful experience. I would imagine that there are many things right now in your daily life that reminds you of her, and each time it opens up this wound all over again. I’m sending plenty of hugs your way. <3