I-ve-found-myself-defeated-and-anxious-my-anxiety

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/37956
“….I’ve found myself defeated and anxious…” My anxiety had been off the charts for about 6 weeks…only getting worse daily.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for tagging @heartsupport.

I appreciate where you are coming from; anxiety can affect all aspects of your life and can be caused by a range of issues.

Your best first step would be to make an appointment with your GP. They will be able to look into your symptoms and provide a diagnosis of the type of anxiety you are experiencing. Once diagnosed, you can speak to a professional about treating your condition.

Whilst you are waiting for your diagnosis, these are a few day-to-day tactics you can use to minimise your symptoms;

• Breathing exercises can help to calm you when you are feeling anxious.
  • Routine helps many people with their mental well-being. It can structure your day and give you a sense of purpose.
  • You could join a support group where people share information and experiences and support each other.

I wish you the best of luck for your future, and please remember that @heartsupport is always here for you. :hearts:

1 Like

When anxiety doesn’t let down, and you carry it day after day after day, it can feel like - am I ever going to shake this? Can I really handle this today, right now, if it doesn’t go away, if I know I’m just going to have to face this again tomorrow? It narrows our vision of reality…it feels like this moment lasts an eternity, because if there’s no hope of escape from the grip of this feeling, it can be suffocating. And honestly, it just makes everything so hard and heavy to deal with. Normal things you’d be able to emotionally carry (frustrations, disappointments, conflict, etc) feel overwhelming. Everything feels like it’s threatening to knock over the one leg you have left on your stool. You’re already fumbling, threatening to fall, and every difficulty feels like - okay, here’s the thing that’s going to take me out.

Honestly I’m in a season of feeling this inescapable anxiety as well. And I can feel it in my chest - it’s like breathing isn’t even the same as it used to be. It’s so hard to focus, to feel like you can even get your mind to move in the direction you want it to. I want to just go to sleep to shut everything out, but my thoughts race. I want to hide from the things I’m anxious about, but I know it’ll only cause the feelings to grow. It’s especially hard when the things I feel anxious about, I can’t control the pace of their solution. And it’s like - do I even want to be in a place where my feelings are contingent on things going my way? Or resolving?

It’s hard shit. Thanks for sharing. You’re certainly not alone in this.