I want to cut

I cut yesterday. Never anywhere serious
I want to cut again. I want to cut. That’s my only thought. I’m numb and I want to cut. I want to cut. I want to cut. I want to cut. I want to cut. I hate what I look like today, I hate my body, I feel difficult. I don’t want to eat. I can’t sleep at night and I keep pacing my apartment. I tried going out. I don’t want to see anyone.

@Rosethorn
I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling so triggered right now. I self mutilate as well, so I know how difficult it can be to conquer. And it’s especially difficult when you’re feeling down or numb. But reaching out here on the forum is a positive step. I don’t always have answers, but you have my support! Feel free to reach out if you need someone to talk to, or if you just want a distraction.
Hang in there friend. You’re stronger than you know!
Sending love and well wishes.

-Eyeless

I have been in Anorexia and self harm recovery for about a year and half. I know that you are on pain and feel like it’s the only thing that make it feel better… when I used to self harm I would do it because I was so numb that the pain from my self inflicted wounds was the only way I could feel something… God stepped in and now I feel love for him and on the days I am sad he comforts me instead of cutting!!! He has shown me my worth and value and that I don’t need to punish myself. Cutting is not the solution to how you are feeling and you are loved and you have value please don’t go down that path that I did!!! :cry:

Hey friend,

I know how you feel with wanting to cut due to curtains triggers and feeling overwhelmed. Getting out of that mindset when it is on the forefront of your mind is difficult. Try finding something else to do to offset the emotions like something positive to correspond. Whenever you wanna cut go for a quick jog or brisk walk.

You are precious always

I do journaling and meditation to help me cope with my stress and triggers for my eating disorder and self harm…

1 Like

I ended up cutting. My mind just kinda goes blank when I do. I laid in bed yesterday. today i feel calmer. I have ugly scars. Sometimes I can stop it but its like a food craving.