I-was-in-a-relationship-that-fell-apart-and-then-i - 2571

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/41426
I was in a relationship that fell apart and then I was getting emotionally abused from it and it was… not fun

1 Like

I hope that this time is over for you and now is your moment to start healing and allowing the love you deserve to surround you

1 Like

I am so very sorry that you were getting emotionally abused that is not fair, not nice and you did not deserve that and I am so pleased that you are no longer in that place or relationship. I hope that in time you find someone who treats you with respect. Much Love lisa.x

1 Like

Tough times. Hope things moving toward the better.

1 Like

emotional abuse is such a difficult thing to endure and even recover from. thank you for your vulnerability with such a difficult experience in your life. i hope your healing journey has been and continues to be smooth for your heart, mind, and body.

Being emotionally abused doesn’t sound fun at all and I hope you have broken free of that and have had some healing. You matter!

1 Like

Yes, some of the hardest losses are the ones that we know were necessary, but at the same time went against everything we had hoped for. It’s disheartening as in this process you are somehow pushed to mourn what could have been, and witness circumstances that were beyond your control, circumstances that were forced into your life. In this situation you had no choice but to protect yourself and make sure to be away from this relationship, but I can imagine how much your expectations were different when you first met them. Love is supposed to be different. It should be met with respect, safety and unconditional care at all times. It is surely heartbreaking to learn how to close a chapter while thinking of all the “what ifs”. It feels like choice was robbed away from you from the beginning to the end of the relationship, and you keep having to do the hard work of healing on top of it after all that happened. It’s dealing with this sense of injustice and knowing that even while healing the wounds it had left on you, it is part of your memories and story too.

There is a lot of strength and bravery in the very act of naming something wrong and unhealthy, and making sure to put yourself first in the midst of it. I imagine that in this grief or yours there’s been many chapters when your heart and your mind were conflicted. Through it all, you have shown great strength for becoming aware of what was happening, naming it and allowing yourself to free yourself from it. You never deserved to be hurt in the first place, and you never did anything to cause what happened - it was their responsibility and only their own. You always deserved to be treated with respect.

I hope that, with time, you can find again a sense of safety within yourself, in this world, and in your relationships. This person may have hurt you, but they did not break you. You will rise and shine again - if not even stronger - not because of what happened, but because you are doing the work towards healing. Wishing you all the best in this new journey of yours. You got this.

From micahordus: thank you so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

@heartsupport thank you so much :slight_smile:

1 Like