I work in ems and drinking is normalized ive foe i

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: BEARTOOTH + HARDY = METAL COUNTRY?! Beartooth - The Better Me feat. HARDY
I work in ems and drinking is normalized. I’ve foe it nearly daily (not when i work) I don’t know why I use it. I do know it makes me numb and helps me sleep (not a good excuse) I love this song and look to it for motivation. That being said I feel stuck so I try to change small things like the gym or a new place to eat. I’m also new to a new state and area with no friends. In today society it seems much less stressful to be alone.

1 Like

Hi @HeartSupport_Fans,

I’m super proud of you being brave of expressing your drinking problems. People have no idea that alcohol is a drug. It’s okay to drink socially but remember to limit yourself due to physical health. I used to drink a lot due to stress from work and school. Drinking did affect my mental health a lot.

I have a back and forth journey of being sober. Sometimes it’s difficult to change a habit. You have to reward yourself when accomplish something small or big. You aren’t alone in this journey. This year I have been sober for 4 months. There are tons of different sports that you can workout besides the gym. Find a sport that you enjoy to exercise. I loved cardio kickboxing & dancing more than HITT.

Living in a new state is kind of hard since you aren’t familiar. That’s totally normal to feel isolated. What are your interests and hobbies that you like to do? You can join a club or group near your area to make friends. Technology has helped others meet new people. You can search up an event that you can do for fun to make new friends.

I think COVID-19 changed the whole world. It made us feel that being alone is okay. However, we can lose those important social skills. We need to talk in order to be happy. I believed that you can make a new friend.