If i could just get free i could finally stop hurt

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to Vermilion by Slipknot Part 1
If I could just get free I could finally stop hurting and heal. I’ve been trapped in an abusive marriage for over 15 years and want to leave but I can’t because I don’t have any resources, friends or family to help me, and with the cost of living only increasing I’m losing hope that I ever will. :sob:

3 Likes

This is heart-wrenching for me. I wish there was some way I could get you out of this situation. All I feel I can say is that you should reach out to the police, but I know that can be hard depending on your exact situation. Obviously, I also don’t want you to put yourself in danger.

Are there any refuges or charities you could contact? They might be able to get you out of this situation and perhaps find some way to get you on your own two feet. I’m sure you’ve gone over all this before, I just wish there was more I could say.

My heart is with you. I truly hope you find a way out of this. x

1 Like

Hi Friend, my goodness this sounds like an impossible situation and one you do not deserve and never have and I am so dreadfully sorry. I have tried to think of different things to say to you but they all sound so obvious and I do not want to sound like im patronising you. There are free resources available out there for people stuck in abusive relationships however as we don’t know where you are it is difficult to say where and also what they will be able to do for you. I also want to tell you to please call the police if you get hurt, I am sure you have thought of all of this. It breaks my heart that you feel so trapped and hopeless. I have given you a website of international resources. I truly hope it helps. Please know that you are loved and heard and we are here for you. Lisa x

Hi there,

I’m so sorry to hear of the pain and suffering you’ve endured over the last 18 years. The fact you are even considering leaving shows strengths beyond words, especially considering the intensity of the situation. I understand the feeling of being trapped, especially when you are starved of the resources, support system or means to break free. Please know, that you are not alone! There are organisations out there dedicated to helping others in situations like yours. Make no mistake when I say you deserve to live your life free from abuse. However, I know it’s not as easy as just leaving.

I strongly suggest contacting local Domestic Abuse shelters or hotlines. These organizations offer a range of services, including emergency shelter, counseling, legal advocacy, and assistance with finding housing and financial support. They are trained to understand the complicated nature of leaving abusive relationships, but will provide you with personal support and guidance every step of the way. Additionally, consider reaching out to government agencies or nonprofit organizations that offer financial assistance or social services. They may be able to provide you with resources for housing, food assistance, healthcare, and other essential needs. Don’t hesitate to ask for help – there are people who genuinely want to support you in your journey to freedom and healing.

Although this prospect may seem daunting, beginning to develop a safety plan for leaving is a good step in the right direction. This plan could involve identifying safe places to go, keeping any important documents and belongings accessible, and establishing a code word or signal with trusted individuals in the event that you need help. This road will no doubt be challenging, but please always remind yourself that you do not deserve to remain in a situation that strips you of your dignity, independence and happiness.

What you are going through is deeply traumatic, and when leaving is possible, you’ll need to heal from this. For now, please be gentle with yourself, stay safe and always believe that you deserve better :heart: