I'm 25 with no life

I am almost 25 and I have no career or anything, im stuck being mentally ill and unable to leave the house and i dont wanna waste my life i feel scared i wont get a job and all my dreams and.

7 Likes

Hey there @v4ventetta

First of all - anything you do in your life is not a “waste of life.” Let’s just get that out there.

I think that maybe you are comparison shopping? I used to feel this way when I would see lots of people posting on social media and seeing them having marriage, kids, sharing success in work or academics. I used to be so very jealous and coveted what others had. I think this is pretty normal for all of us, especially lately where so many of us are working and living at home 24/7.

I think it is perfectly acceptable to work within the bounds that life has us in right now. I know it is tough out there, and I’d be lying if I didn’t have these feelings myself from time to time. I find that it helps me to start practicing gratitude and going outside for walks and seeing nature. I know it sounds cheesy. I just try to connect more with things I enjoy and get off the darned phone/computer.

Maybe try to learn something new this part of the year? Research something that interests you or budget a dream vacation on paper to see what it would take to achieve that goal for example. Maybe something that is somewhat social distance friendly like go to a library and browse books.

Take care <3/Mish

5 Likes

Hi @v4ventetta I know you’ve been isolating to protect your parents from getting COVID. You say you are unable to leave the house and I’m wondering if taking baby steps first might be a good idea. Just go outside and sit on your porch or take a walk. Maybe go to the store etc. Eventually, you can work your way into a job interview. I know you can do it, you just have to take that first step. ~Mystrose

5 Likes

Hey Friend, It sounds like you are having a bit of a panic moment today, I understand it can be scarey when you sit and look too deeply into your life especially in a moment when you are not happy and question if it will ever change, but life changes all the time even if we dont realise it or we dont notice it and if we dont feel that we can make small obvious changes to try to make that happen, I guess what im saying is take the reins and make some small moves to yourself in order to improve you life, it doesnt have to be big or worrysome, very small improvements will open up to bigger better things. Have a think about what you can do for you. I think you willl surprise youself about what you are capable of. Much Love Lisa. x

6 Likes

hi v4ventetta,

thank you for sharing this update and your vulnerabilities. you are not alone in these anxieties and hope that with the replies you’ll find on this post, that you are not alone in this journey as well to find clarity in life. something i struggled with, and honestly kinda still do, is comparing my own life journey to others. i thought, “that person my age is farther in their career, more talented, already has kids, etc.” that way of thinking only became toxic to my own personal growth and possibilities. once i pushed aside what i SHOULD be, i thought in the scope of what i WILL do and how to get there. sure, you have a few things placed on yourself with not being able to leave the house and being mentally ill, but that doesn’t make your dreams impossible to achieve. a hard truth i had to learn myself is that the only way i can waste my life is if i spend most of that time regretting the past or present instead of focusing on the possibilities of the future.

if it’s okay to ask, what do you want to accomplish in regards to a career? i work from home and have a few mental illnesses and i’m happy to talk with you more on how i find fulfillment within that scope. i’m here for you always, my friend, and i want you to reach all of your dreams you set your mind to. i believe in you!

love,
twix

5 Likes

Hello again, friend! I know what it feels like to be 25, jobless, and living at home with my parents. I know what it feels like to feel stuck. I also know that things can get better and it doesn’t always have to be that way.

There are so many jobs out there. I know that’s so much harder when you are afraid of Covid but there are jobs you can find online with no more skills than typing skills and an internet computer/phone (just watch for scams). If you have a car and live where a delivery app functions you could try that. I did that when afraid of getting my family sick. You can be really careful doing that. Or look for a job working with animals if you like animals. Or even just volunteering at a shelter to get out in the world but staying away from people. You can find something to make your life feel like it is moving forward. Even if it isn’t job related. You can find meaning again.

You’ve got this, friend :hrtlegolove:

4 Likes

yeah thats whats happening im hearing about other people in my age accomplishing stuff and that was supposed to me too, before covid i had promising opportunity and then covid happened and then i broke down and become what i am today and i just feel so sad and angry and scared that the clock is ticking and im going to be left behind :frowning:

1 Like

i know im trying and have been doing but it feels like im going too slow and the clock is ticking and im scared when i get there it will be too late

1 Like

I always wanted to be a writer and funnily enough since covid happened i have actually started writing tho idk how to progress it into the next step though what is upsetting me right now is before covid i was getting into media and tv and i got into a very big opportunity and then covid happened and it all was ruined and then one day this week my friend was talking about how his friend was going up in places and im 25 and i felt like that could have been me, but instead im stuck at home ill wasting my life and i just got really sad because im worried i will never get there.

I’m 26 and I feel the same. But Let’s try again and see at least till 30 if we’re better than now. Make a blog, write, share, spread it , advertise it . Try one more year. What if it works? I think we’ll be better to fail at 30 than to give up at 25/26…

2 Likes

No worries, keep in mind there’s lots of us out there getting by each day too. The world is so crazy and you are doing great just doing stuff normally every day. <3 wishing you the best!

1 Like

Hi there!

I want you to know that you are amazing because you took a step to post on the wall so people can come alongside you to support and encourage you. I also want you to know that you will never stop dreaming. Dreams may change or evolve into something better, but that part of you will never stop happening. I believe that we are constant learners, dreamers, and doers. We are made to create beauty in this world, and that applies to you as well. You have so many things to offer that no one else can offer. I believe in you. I know that you will do great things for this world.

You are amazing. You are valid. You are enough. You are strong. You are capable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.