Im 45 was abuse and still stuck on it

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to Falling Away From Me By KORN
I’m 45 was abuse and still stuck on it

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through this. It’s understandable that some experiences can stay with us and affect us deeply. Sometimes sharing your feelings and thoughts can help lighten the burden even if at first it feels impossible to take that first step, you have done that here now which is a strong positive move, if you would like to open up more you of course can but that is entirely your choice, our support wall is completely anonymous and you can post on there as often as you would like.
It is difficult when bad things happen and sometimes people come right out and say it and other times they just just make you feel like “its been a while, it is probably time you got past it” and yes in a perfect world of course it would be wonderful to be able to put everything dreadful behind us in a flash and move on but where feelings, thoughts and emotions are concerned life is just not like that, it matters when we are hurt, it matters when we are affected, it stays with us when we go through a bad experience, it imprints itself in our minds and hearts, of course saying that does not mean that this is it forever, time is a healer of course but with something so emotionally transforming, it would make sense for a person to need to work on their thoughts and feelings in order to help manage how it affects them in their lives now and how to make maybe even subtle changes that will make huge differences and that would probably be with a therapist or counsellor. Once you learn what triggers you the most and a few of the processes that help control and manage them it should help to lessen the burden.
I wish you all the very best. Lisa. x

1 Like

Hey friend,

Thank you so much for sharing about this part of your story here. Having experienced abuse does feel like being caged in your own life, in your own mind and body. There’s the events - the traumas - that happened at a particular time of your life, but then there’s all the ways it impacts you every day, and feeling like having to keep on dealing with the aftermath, over and over. It’s hard when it feels like something in your own story just keeps dragging you down even years and years after, as if you were your very own prisoner. There’s a part of you that aspires for life to be completely different, to RECLAIM what is yours entirely. Yet at the same time, some days, there’s a change, a flavor, a memory that will bring you back to the fear you’ve felt when you were hurt. It’s exhausting to navigate these ups and down, to feel like moving upward and downward again and again.

If anything, you are not alone, my friend. There is strength in naming what happened and recognizing the patters at play, of how it keeps on affecting you to this day. Your traumas are a part of your story, but they will never define you or what your future can look like. You are, and will always remain, the creator of your own narrative, even if it feels like the opposite sometimes. We’re rooting for you. :heart:

-Marie-Anne, Heartsupport Staff