Im a chef and i feel like the company i work for d

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to Dig by Mudvayne
I’m a chef and i feel like the company i work for doesn’t want me to change. but that’s that my thing i love to learn and i never get to chance to grow.

1 Like

Hello and thank you for sharing here. It’s wonderful that you want to continue learning, and it sounds so frustrating that your company doesn’t accept this change. It really is tough when we there’s something we want, which is a good thing (growth is awesome!), but we aren’t offered the ability to do this by our workplace.

While there aren’t any easy answers, I just want to take a moment to say that you’re heard and that I recognize the frustration this may cause. I also understand how it could cause boredom or simply lower satisfaction at work. If you’d like to share more about the situation, we’re here for you and care about you.

Thank you again for sharing and for being here; I hope you get a chance to continue learning in the near future and am wishing you all the best.

It’s so hard to be in a workplace that just doesn’t give you room for growth. Especially when it comes to jobs that are made of passion - being a chef is the type of career that you choose with your heart first and foremost, and not out of duty. You get there because you want to explore your creativity, try out new things, have the possibility to express something through the food you’d prepare. It’s unfair when the very first place you would wish to grow with doesn’t allow you to explore new options and make this work an adventure before anything else. It feels like somehow the people you work with are not with you, or maybe don’t even trust you, and that freaking hurts. It’s like having your voice being muted by someone while you are begging for the possibility to sing freely.

I hope you will have the possibility to keep on growing, exploring and learning in this area, whether it would be at this workplace or in a different one. Sometimes, companies are weary of giving more freedom to their employees because it could represent a cost or simply doesn’t fit into their own agenda. Sometimes though, having open discussions about your role and the type of freedom you would like to be given, can help make a difference - and also help managers become better managers in the long run. In any case, you absolutely deserve to feel fulfilled at your job, especially if it is something you enjoy in the first place. It’s about your heart, it’s about this fir ein you, which deserves to be seen and valued so much. :heart:

-Marie-Anne, Heartsupport Staff