I'm alone

I’m new…quick run down…in the last year triple bypass surgery, found out I was adopted (at 57 yrs old) very low self esteem lied to look better, had to move my mom 16 hrs away…bio family not accepting…now 6 weeks ago divorce…can’t take much more

4 Likes

That is so much to go through in such a short time, but you’re in no way alone now that you’ve come here. Personally I can relate to the self esteem issues big time. Had trouble with that since like… elementary school! I’m still learning in therapy but I’m on my way to improvement. It’s hard but worth it.

You have the strength to get through it and better yourself on the way. Keep pushing for the happiness you deserve <3

Hey @Drummerboy,

I don’t have much words of wisdom, but, I wanted to let you know that you are seen, heard, and loved. I can’t imagine how hard it must be to learn that you were adopted and to look back at your whole life almost as if it was a lie. And on t he t op of that you are also dealing with a divorce, which implies a grief in itself. It makes sense to feel alone in these circumstances. These are heavy obstacles that you are facing, friend, and it surely shakes your sense of belonging, a little bit like your world was teared apart and there wouldn’t be a solid ground under your feet. Though I promise you that you are not alone, and there are people who genuinely care about you right here. Please let us know how we can support you. We will walk alongside you. :hrtlegolove:

Thank you that means alot to me at this point…

3 Likes

Of course, friend. How are you doing today? Do you have people in your life who can support you as well?

Not much support here…headed into my therapy now

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.