I'm frustrated / I feel disgusting

I went out in a community group and we went to Walmart and we ran into some missionaries and I could feel my anxiety getting worse, I felt like I was going to vomit, my PTSD flared up, and I felt nauseated.

4 Likes

im so sorry that this was triggered. I hope you’re feeling okay now. Have you got some coping skills for when you encounter these moments?

1 Like

Hey SadSchizophrenic_x,

I am sorry that you experienced that, and hope you are feeling better now, and that you can keep working on methods to handle these episodes.

1 Like

I’m so sorry that this happened. It can be intimidating when you encounter a group of people at a public place like that. I hope you are feeling a bit better now.

1 Like

Hi, Im sorry that happened, it can be very upsetting and or frustrating when you are approached by people when you are out, maybe next time you will be more aware of how you are likely to feel and that way you will be able to take a few deep breathes and turn and walk away. x

1 Like

hey friend,

your PTSD and the reaction it brought to you physically and mentally is so frustrating. i hope you’re able to dedicate some quiet self-care time soon. while running into people who flare up traumatic events in our life can be unavoidable at times, i’m really thankful you could reach out to this forum and share this experience. i have medical-related PTS that when met with certain situations, i also completely shut down and feel the same way you did. you aren’t alone in these frustrations and the feeling of no control. it’s painful but you belong to a community here that we can say “this sucks” and feel the strength of one another. thank you for being here. sending you comfort and love always.

love,
twix

1 Like

Hey, friend! I’m sorry your outing had an incident like that that triggered you. I hope that you are feeling a little better and that you were still able to enjoy the trip to Walmart some. And maybe got yourself a treat to help feel better :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

I still feel awful, I feel like I’m losing my mind.:sob:

1 Like

Hey friend. It sounds like this encounter definitely triggered something painful for you, and in such circumstances it makes completely sense for your mind and body to react the way it did. It’s such an horrible experience to feel like being pulled back to times that were traumatic, and on top of it to feel like your sense of safety is being robbed away from you. Something that you can absolutely proud of is that you ARE aware of how it makes you feel, how it affects you, and you’ve been able to put words on it. That alone speaks a lot in terms of healing and personal growth. There would have been a time when you were probably subjected to these triggers without being able to name it or identify why, and maybe even to put the blame on you. It’s okay to feel the way you do, it’s okay to express it, and I hope with all my heart that you’ll ensure in times to come to rest and take care of yourself, just to regain a sense of safety that would be needed. You deserve to feel safe where you are. :heart: