Im going through some tough times with my girlfrie

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Jake Luhrs and Therapist React to Snuff (Live) Corey Taylor
I’m going through some tough times with my girlfriend right now. It’s like I’m at my breaking point but it’s so damn hard because we’ve been together over 5 years now. I’ve loved this song for a long time but right now in this moment this song speaks to me in ways it never has. Thank you for doing these videos

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing with us what you are going through. I’m sorry that your relationship seems to be under a lot of stress right now. If you ever want to share more with us. Feel free to let it out. <3

It’s impressive how songs can resonate with our heart differently depending on what we are going through, or what our life looks like at a given time. With what you describe regarding your relationship with your girlfriend, I imagine this music in particular must echo deeply some of the ways you’ve been feeling. The sensation of distance being created, the grief that piles up, the raw honesty filled up with both sadness and anger at the same time. It’s a brutal, honest message about one’s heart, and even though there is something of a relief to have those emotions put into music, it releases a lot of the pain too at the same time.

I’m sorry you’ve been feeling similar things, friend, and that your relationship with your girlfriend has been difficult lately. It is so hard when the connection you have with very person you love seems to be impacted by pain and frustration. It’s like something that is supposed to elevate you and make you feel safe becomes a place of hurt and burdens to carry with you. Five years of life spent together is a very significant amount of time, and I would imagine that the perspective of seeing what you’ve built together breaking down must be awfully painful. It’s the kind of situation that can easily bring its share of helplessness to your heart, and it’s certainly difficult to not surrender to it.

I am personally in a relationship of 13 years now with my partner, and over the years there’s surely been a couple of times when we’ve felt enstranged from each other, and like we would be touching some issues that felt unsolvable at the time. The stress and heartache it created in me wasan awfulexperience. I had this voice in the back of my mind that would keep making me thinkthat the worst could happen - a separation -, which I would have definitely not been prepared for. My heart goes out to you as you navigate this rollercoaster of emotions somehow. I don’t know your context of course, but the weight of this situation is felt through your words here.

Of course challenges and more tumultuous times are part of any relationship, but it hits differently when it’s about your relationship directly. I don’t know the specifics of what you are going through, but I do hope that you’ll have both the possibility to discuss openly and respectfully, in a way that will allow you to heal and progress together. Sometimes, romantic relationships get stronger by walking through the fire together. In any case, you absolutely deserve some relief, some positive change, some healing, and not to feel like being stuck in some kind of rut.

I wish you all the best moving forward and hope for you to find peace and healing from this. You matter, friend.