Im-so-despondent-about-everything-everything-i-try

From Maxima: Im so despondent about everything. Everything I try goes totally wrong. There’s no escape from this hole here. I feel drained. So far, I still haven’t found a real purpose in life. Sometimes, I’m afraid to get out of my bed at morning. There’s nothing to get up for

3 Likes

This hurt and feeling of being lost is so hard and heavy. I know that I also have had moments in life where I sit with them.
To say it’s okay not to be okay I want to encourage you, is not the notion that everything is fine, but that your feelings are valid. Sometimes in those moments it can help to be present with community, the friends or family that help encourage or inspire you. I know it may feel like you want to isolate away, I know personally the last thing I want to do is be around people, but is there perhaps a person you can say “I don’t want to go into it, but I’m not okay, can we spend time together?”.

And while in our minds it can feel like a battle between whether that person or these people really want to care for us, I know that if it were me you were calling up, I’d want to be there.

4 Likes

hi maxima, you’re in the right place to open up about this - you aren’t alone in feeling this way. i get it, you’re probably feeling like everything is hopeless, dark, and not worth the energy. and it’s probably hard to hear “it can get better” right now. but help is out there with professionals who are trained to help you get back on your feet. as i said before, you aren’t alone in this. this forum/discord is here to listen and support you unconditionally. and if this info helps at all, i adopted a pet during one of my lowest points and he’s given me a reason to get up. there are subtle tricks out there that can help you find meaning, feel whole, and be energized again. sending you love and comfort, maxima. hope to hear from you again soon. love, twix

3 Likes

Hi there Maxima,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing here. Feeling purposeless is incredibly tough and can make everything a drag. After all, when it feels like we’re just marching towards a life with nothing in it, it gets exhausting and can even make us feel useless or like we don’t matter. But you do matter. You are valuable.

While I’m sure it doesn’t feel that way now, things can and will get better. With time, there will be opportunities to enjoy the little things in life, whether that’s a hobby or another person who gives you a bit of hope.

Thank you for sharing this with us and for being here. I hope you’re able to find a bit more of a purpose as time goes on.

<3 Tuna

3 Likes

Hey Friend, I am so very sorry that you area in this place of despondancy, its a sad and unsettleing feeling to think you have no purpose in life and to fear not having areason to get up is unpleasant to say the least. I myself have been in that situation a few times and quite recently and the only thing that has got me out of bed is my parrot who needs food and love, that may sound strange but she is my passion, my passion and my responsabiliy and the one thing that brings me happiness. Im not telling you to go out and buy a parrot, I am just wondering if you have a passion even if its something very small and unique to you that could be your one reason to get up and start your day? One more reason to start your day of course is you, you deserve to have good days, days that start to become fulfilled, I know that is hard because its exhausting feeling like you do but a short walk could work wonders for you. I hope you can start to find something you enjoy and begin to feel better. Lisa.x

3 Likes