I'm so tired of school

I have a lot of missing assignments in school because of my bad mental health. I had even almost decided to overdose because of how bad it had been getting. I was so happy for Eid to come around (Christmas but for other religions) But my language arts teacher had to mess it up for me. My family was supposed to go out and have fun. I even missed out on a fair for it but my teacher emailed my mum about my assignments. Her husband knows about Eid as he is Muslim and I talked to her about how excited I was in 2023 (It doesn’t start until today and we missed last year) And she couldn’t have waited for at least a day. I’m now stuck inside doing work on Eid and its because of her. I’m really starting to hate her. She was really nice in the beginning of the year but since 3rd quarter she’s just been so draining and literally when someone said they liked her she was like "Thank you! I feel like most of my students hate me) No shit?? She is just so draining how she yells at us and lectures us a lot. I hate her so much and I just wished she could see how burnt out I am and leave me alone. I’m so tired and I just want to lay in bed but I have to worry about school and those huge exams. I hate school so much it’s literally so draining.

1 Like

Hey there,
Thanks for being here and sharing your experience. I am happy you are using this space to vent and let out your frustrations. This sounds like a very overwhelming situation, so let’s break it up into little bits. Firstly, I am really sorry to hear that you are experiencing low mental health right now. Having been a student, I know how stressful it can get and how things can pile up and seem impossible. Is there a counselor at your school that you could talk to about your concerns with school and workload? I was always hesitant to visit my old high school’s counselors for help, but I was surprised by how much they guided me through struggles with work. Nonetheless, your mental health is a top priority over everything else. In order to do well in school and other aspects of life, you need to first take care of yourself and your well-being. Have you considered visiting a professional for guidance on how you have been feeling recently?

I can fully understand how disappointed you must feel that you did not get to celebrate Eid the way you envisioned. Especially after looking forward to it the whole month, I can understand why you would be upset. While I wish there was a way to change what happened, I think moving forward, you and your family could celebrate again today or tomorrow. I know it is not the same, but it is better than nothing! In the spirit of Ramadan and Eid, forgiveness and kindness are very important. The way your teacher treated you is not okay and very unfair. I am sorry for this. Sometimes we have to realize when people annoy us, come to terms with it, and try to ignore it. Maybe you could talk to her about your concerns with the way she is treating you.

Overall, I just want you to know your feelings are valid and heard. I am with you; this is a very horrible situation and I wish you got to celebrate Eid the way you wanted on the day of, but I hope you do something fun this weekend to make up for it. We are here to support in any way we can. Sending you love and hugs. Eid Mubarak <3

Hey there! Please know you are not alone in this, things get better! :ag_icon:

Here is a Video Response for your post here!

1 Like