I'm so ugly

First of all, sorry for my terible english grammar, I’m not fluent in english and really suck at writing.

I am a 18 years old teenage girl, I use social media almost everytime, I see pictures of beautiful girls, I know this is superficial, I know that not all of them are as beautiful as it seems. But I keep thinking that I’m ugly, everytime I look at the mirror, I ask myself why I don’t have a good face shape, why I have flat nose, uneven skin tone, a lot of fine lines below my eyes due to my lack of sleep, the skin around my eye is super thin, my teacher often ask if I was okay, because my face look like that I’m about to pass out.

This condition get worse when I have a boyfriend, he keeps telling me that I’m uglier than her uglier than that, I can’t help it, but he’s the only love I can get. My parents not helping either, I don’t have a good relation with them, my mom usually calls me ugly, or unworthy, and she would yell at me for no reason at all.

When I was a child, I don’t really care if a person is beautiful or not, but I think right now, Im so judgemental, I feel like a bad person, and I can’t love myself, I keep comparing me to other girls, They are smarter, funnier, healthier, taller. I really want to break up with my boyfriend but I don’t have enough confident to do so. I feel so insecure about myself and keep on underestimating myself. I don’t know what to do.

Hey @okay!

If I may offer some advice - I would highly recommend either dropping social media or really monitoring how much time you spend on it. Over the past few years, I’ve dramatically decreased the time I spend on social media, and if I do hop on, I make sure not to watch stories or scroll too far, because I’ll catch myself starting to compare my life (low-lights) to someone else’s life (their highlights).

I’m sorry to hear that you grew up under strenuous tensions in the household. It’s tough to combat against lies that people spew into you. #1) Your boyfriend doesn’t sound like a great person if he’s calling you names like that. There are plenty of fish in the sea - fish who will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. Don’t be afraid of being single - it could be a good time to find yourself and build yourself up with positive thoughts without finding your identity in someone else.

You’re loved. You’re valued. Hold fast!

-Eric

1 Like