Imaginary people in my house

Hello, I am seeking for advice to deal with this. I think I’m starting to go crazy. Whenever I’m at home doing whatever, such as painting, cooking, and my hobbies, etc., I start to imagine someone from my school standing there and watching over me doing the specific activity, and everytime I tell myself that the person isn’t there, I can’t believe it. I just feel like the person is there, and it usually goes away in a few hours. Any help? It’s really stressing me out. Thanks.

2 Likes

I have seen some people take videos to see if the person is really there. I’m sorry you are dealing with this, I hope things get better.

First of all, welcome to HeartSupport!
Your experiences sound scary, but there might be a normal explanation for it. Maybe you are sleeping badly or eating/drinking things that are influencing your sensations or your eyes are having some problems.
That being said, I am NOT a medical professional so I would suggest you to please seek medical assistance like a GP/family doctor.
Whatever happens, you are not crazy! Not even if you would actually be experiencing hallucinations, people are not crazy when that happens. It just means your brain is struggling and there are ways to deal with that. I hope you can keep us updated.
Please know that you are valuable and you matter!

Hey friend, welcome to Heartsupport and thank you so much for reaching out.

This is definitely something that can be scary and it’s understandable that it’s been stressing you out as you have noticed a change in your thoughts and in the way your perceive things around you. I imagine that it’s been interfering with your life and is difficult to just ignore.

Rest assured though that, no matter what, you are not going crazy in any way. Sometimes we are so stressed in our life that our mind creates ways for us to get distracted of feeling a sense of control. There can be many reasons behind what you are experiencing and as our friends said above, a good thing for you would be to try to talk about it with a doctor/a professional as they will be able to guide you best in this situation. They will certainly ask you questions to understand what’s going on and what your experience look like, probably also if you have already experienced this in the past.

Overall, it’s okay to reach out for help when you need it and to seek out the expertise of professionals. I want to reassure you that there is absolutely no shame for going through what you described in your post and there is no shame for asking for help either. Our minds can be very complex and surprising at times, including when it feels like it’s working against ourselves. I personally struggle with OCD, which would be too complex to describe in a post because it’s made of personal rituals, but I’ve certainly felt for a long time that I was just crazy, especially as a child. The thought of being weird or too broken sometimes keeps haunting me, but once you have someone who diagnosed you or has the authority to explain to you what’s going on, it brings such a relief because you understand yourself better, and you start seeing that your struggles don’t define you. It just happens to be a part of your life, sometimes for a very short time, sometimes for a longer time. Either way, it doesn’t make you crazy.

I hope that you will find your answers soon. Keep us updated if that is okay for you. We care about you.

Hi!
I also deal with a similar feeling for the past 15 years, I am no expert but my doctors have linked that feeling to anxiety or feeling unsafe. For me what helps is just constantly telling myself I am safe and there is nothing there. A coping mechanism I use is listening to music or watching a show, if anything traumatic that involves being watched happened when you were younger that might be a factor. I would definetly recommend seeing a doctor if you continue feeling this way after a while. Sorry if this didn’t really help but hopefully it goes away soon.

1 Like