I've been good for almost 3 days now!

I’ve been getting into art and music a lot more lately to distract myself from negative thoughts. And it worked! I haven’t self-harmed for a almost 3 days now (3 days in 10 mins). Im not exactly good at art and music but, I think im doing good ig. Idk I was excited so I decided to share.

5 Likes

Hey!! Look at you, self harm for three whole days! Thats amazing :slight_smile: I have been clean for a bit over a year and I am an artist now + also love music. They both help tremendously. I paint and draw. It really does take time to get good but is so fun & rewarding ! A great outlet to express how you feel in a healthy way. Keep going friend, you are doing great <3

2 Likes

Hey @Tessa, what a beautiful progress! I’m so glad to hear that art and music help you - those are outlets I use as well, and it’s been incredibly needed in my life now. So proud of you for your three days without self harm. Word are not enough to express how much this is powerful and beautiful! You TOTALLY have the right to share your successes here. It is inspiring and we’re all proud of you here! :heart:

1 Like

I used to draw and play a few instruments but then I stopped and now i have no clue what im doing but its still fun to try!

2 Likes

I really suggest youtube tutorials! I pretty much have always been self taught for music & art ( more so art ) and it is really helpful :slight_smile: