Ive been really struggling with my work and with m

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/53216
I’ve been really struggling with my work and with math on college. It’s been keeping me up at night and it’s been killing me with anxiety. I’ve told my wife that I haven’t been this stressed since highschool and not knowing if I’d graduate till the last week of school. Even with “full nights” of sleep, I’m still exhausted.

2 Likes

@heartsupport============

1 Like

It is never fun to feel exhausted all the time, even when resting at the right times in our day and maintaining our sleep schedules. At least the stress and exhaustion is coming from you working towards an achievement. You should be proud of that part, that parts awesome! Maybe you are missing some things in your nutrition. I know its a small and silly thing, but a multivitamin might help a tiny bit with energy. Sleep anxiety can be super painful and frustrating. If there’s an activity that helps leave you so tired you can’t keep your eyes open. Maybe weave that into the routine a little more at night. Wish you the best of luck in your endeavors, and hope you feel some relief soon! <3

Damn, its hard to pursue a path you chose, a dream, but to also navigate the effects it has on your well-being at the same time. It sounds like you are really putting a lot of efforts in your classes, which is amazing and kuddos to you really! But it also makes sense to feel exhausted at the end of the day when it feels like you barely have time to rest your body and mind. Reading your post, I remembered the long nights of not sleeping (or not much) because I had to put time into studying while navigating other needs in my life. It’s hard when it feels like there’s so much fires to deal with at the same time, almost as if everything becomes a priority and you would be perpetually losing and staying 3 steps behind. It’s like there’s this train you want to be on but its race is consistently at a high pace, and you’re trying your best to run after it and be on it again. There were many times throughout the years of collge when I felt discouraged by the commitment it required and the toll it took on my well-being. It’s something that isn’t talked about enough, but the struggle is real and my heart goes out to you as you experience this. At some point it makes you question your life decisions as a whole… it’s such a shitty place to be in.

As you said so well, on top of it there is the uncertainty of not knowing it it will lead to success or not, if you would reach your goal at the end of the year - which are tought questions to process while being in the midst of needing to stay in movement. The exhaustion adding to the stress, the worries and the difficulty to concentrate… it’s such a vicious cycle.

I hope with all my heart that you will find some resolution and peace with this tiredness and need for quality sleep. If anything, the possibility of talking about it with a doctor may bring some relief and practical support to help you regain a sense of ownership on your nights and rest. You absolutely deserve to feel okay while studying, and to nurture conditions that would support your health+ mental health. Rooting for you from here. <3