Ive been to 4 different therapists since i got bac

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Sick Boi Ren
I’ve been to 4 different therapists since I got back from Iraq. Everyone is like the one in this video. Now I’m not going to any. I have one that sees me every few months just to prescribe my meds, but it’s a quick 20-minute video conference. I am on so many drugs and I don’t know if they are helping or hurting. I just feel numb. His song Chalk Outlines describes the way I feel. I look at all these therapists that react and they’re all so kind and caring which makes me angry I cannot find someone like that.

3 Likes

I wanted to let you know that I hear you, and I recognize your struggle. You are not alone with this battle. There are so many people that love you and have their accepting arms open. Keep your head up, and keep pressing forward my friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to start by thanking you for your service. Your sacrifice does not go unnoticed. I’m so sorry that you haven’t found a therapist that gives you the time of day. You deserve someone who listens to you and dives deep into your struggles with you. While you may not have found the therapist that fits you yet, I do believe that that person is out there. These therapists you watch online are not the only good ones out there- I encourage you to continually search for the therapist who sees and cares about you.

Though you may feel the pain and the struggle, you are still so valuable and worthy. Your life means a lot and simply your existence brightens the world. I pray that you are able to find the right therapist for you. If you ever need anything else from us, we are always here for you and we truly care for you.

2 Likes

Thank you for being so open, I’m so sorry that you’ve been hurting so much. It must be so frustrating to feel like you can’t find the right person who will give you the care and empathy that you deserve.
I can really empathize with your struggle of finding a therapist, I have been to at least five different therapist that I can name off the top of my head. The therapist I’m currently seeing is the sixth one I’ve been to in the past handful of years. The anger and hurt of finding someone who can’t relate to you, can’t help you, and leaves you feeling like a lost cause is something that I’ve faced many times these past two years alone.
The journey has taught me that this “idea” we have of the perfect therapist is so far from what we truly need. I’ve had therapists tell me “You might sometimes leave meetings feeling worse than before, but it will be helpful for you.” I so wish that my journey could’ve been shorter, but I find that I appreciate my current therapist so much more now that I have someone who fully cares about and truly helps me.
I’m telling you this because I have felt the exact same emotions as you, and I want you to know this: It does get better. Medications get lower, the numbness goes away, and you will heal. I’m sending you so much love and support, I pray that you will find the right therapist who can make you feel cared for. I know there is someone out there for you, keep your head high. You are so loved and so cared for <3

2 Likes

​@@HeartSupport Thank you so much. You guys don’t know how much this is needed right now. I commented two weeks ago, and you guys replying today when I needed it the most is crazy.

This just goes to show that you never know what someone is going through, and it’s a good idea to reach out to a friend, especially if you haven’t heard from them in a while

I was at my lowest point I’ve been for a while. Although we’ve never met, I appreciate you reaching out to me and everything you’re trying to do with this channel. If you’re ever unsure if what you are doing is working, I’m telling you it is.

3 Likes