I've felt recently that I don't have much control over my life

I’m a 20 year old business management major, who’s currently jobless but constantly looking for work. Despite everyone’s positive outlook and praise of me, I feel more worthless as the days progress. I’m being told that I’m going to achieve great things but I feel not even stagnant at this point, but as I’f I’m reverting back into a chaotic shell of what I used to be, I used to have a rather cozy job that i loved doing. I felt purpose in my life once again. Which ended with my grandparent passing away in my arms and to lose my job because my manager tried scheduling too many work days on nights I had class which conflicted. My dream is to become an entertainer, farfetched in this day and age I know, and I understand to achieve such a dream I need money in hand to fund it which is why I want work. But the harder I try to get a job the more pointless it feels. On top of that with some recent crap my families trying to start I might not even have the ability to finish college and I’m just so lost on how to be a proper damn adult that with everyone saying I have my head on right and i know what I’m doing it pisses me off because I have no idea. I never had a clue what I was doing ever and I still don’t. And I need to finish college, this was the last thing my grandparent told me to do before she had passed. As long as I live things just kinda “work out” but I don’t want that anymore, I feel helpless and with no control in hand. I’m unsure of what to do. Or hell, if there’s anything I really can do.

2 Likes

Heya @TheDeputy Thanks for taking some time for posting!

I am so sorry that you feel this way. What we have to realize is that sometimes it is not us who controls our life, but it is what is happening around us.

Let me ellaborate on that, for example, if we are having a nice and peaceful day, and then all of a sudden a friend of ours comes to us, and starts complaining to us about how bad their day was and that it is “all our fault” then they bring their fire upon us.

@Danjo made a great point on his stream yesterday that each one of us is like a fire. The way that we treat others it can either put out the fire or grow the fire.

And I can understand the college part. I am a 18 year old Music Education Major, and boy does it get stressful. But do something for me, don’t give up on your dreams.

Walt Disney once said “If you can dream it, than you can do it”

Follow your dreams and don’t let anyone stop you!

Much Love
Darian Halliday/DarianDaOtter
@DarianHalliday

1 Like

I also feel like I’ve got nothing going for me. I haven’t found a long-term job since finishing graduate school. Now I’m stuck making money with Uber Eats, and it really wears me down. All I can do is to keep applying, but I have took a break from applications for a bit. I’ll see about getting back to it next week. One thing that I’ve learned from HeartSupport is that I have worth even when I feel like the worst. Hold Fast.

1 Like

Hey ! I made this to encourage you!

2 Likes

Hey @TheDeputy Casey spoke about your topic on his Twitch stream @ CaseyScreamsBack today! Here’s the live video response!

Hold Fast

2 Likes

I am deeply sorry that you feel this way. Understand one thing though: A good day lasts 24 hours, but so does a bad. It will be over soon. Keep believing and working hard!! With love, Leah

2 Likes

I apologize for disappointing everyone. This will be the last time I formally post here, A lot has happened these past 2 years ever since I initially made the first post. I with a heavy heart must admit that I truly have failed everyone who tried to motivate me oh so much. I do not know what comes next. Though I think it’s best that I simply give up entirely. I will be terminating my account soon after this post and just felt the need to yell out into the aether of the internet one last time. I thank you all for even trying to help a complete stranger like me better cope and endure the hardships I had to face and overcome, the grief of the family members that I had to witness pass, and the weight of my own awful mistakes. This is what’s left. I pray you all stay safe

1 Like

@TheDeputy Hi, I was not here when the post above was done but I can guarantee you that not one of those people above or anyone here feels you have disappointed them so please let’s start with you have nothing to apologise for and I am so glad you have come here to find a place to share how you feel. It’s clear you have had a very tough time and for that I am so very sorry.
Losing loved ones is something we all inevitably have to face and there is never the perfect thing to say to someone who has lost one or more other than how dreadfully sorry I am and to give yourself time to grieve which again is an experience that is unique to you but keep talking as I think it really does help.
As for your awful mistakes? I don’t know what they are and I don’t have to, we all make mistakes, no one is perfect, the worst thing of all is if we don’t learn from them.
Friend, you truly are valuable and worthy and wanted. I understand your sorrow but the people you loved that have passed would want you to stay strong and stay here.
If you feel truly desperate please call a crisis line.
You are loved
Lisa xx

1 Like