Ive heard this song a hundred times and i dont kno

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to Search By NF
I’ve heard this song a hundred times and I don’t know if this is bc of where i am in my life right now. But I’m in the gym working out and your breakdown has tears streaming down my face. I have been in this self destructive pattern financially, with my health, with my relationships for 40 years. This hit so hard and I’m realizing I can’t do this by myself. I’m not getting anywhere

2 Likes

Hey, thank you so much for opening up and being so open with us. First, I just want to give you a big congrats for going to the gym and working out. I know that personally, working out is huge for my mental health, along with my physical health. I’m able to clear my brain, focus on myself, and feel good about what I’ve done for the day- so major props to you on that aspect.

I’m sorry that you’ve found yourself in this pattern for so long. It may almost feel like whenever good starts to come and whenever you begin to build a streak of happiness, you are just waiting for yourself to tear all of your progress back down. That often leaves us feeling like our own worst enemy. I want you to know that you are not the enemy here.

Your realization of “I can’t do this by myself”, is very poignant and can be so hard to cope with, but I think truth lies at the root of it. We as humans were not created to live a life of solitude. We are social creatures who rely on interconnectedness and meaningful relationships to thrive. Society often heaps pressure on us to fully bear our own cross and get through life without assistance. But that is not the life we were created for. We were created to lean on each other, build each other up, and be each other’s support system. So I would encourage you to reach out and be vulnerable with others in your life. And if you feel like you don’t have anyone in your life, I want you to know that you have every one of us here at HeartSupport. We care about you and are always here to walk through anything you may be dealing with.

I hope this realization helps you turn a new page in your life; a page that details self-fulfillment, empowerment, and betterment rather than destruction. No habit is too old to break, and I know that you can find happiness for yourself and peace in your actions. We love you and care for you. We wish you nothing but the best and we will be here for you for anything you may need.

3 Likes

Thank you for reaching out! Im sorry you’ve been stuck in a self destructive pattern. I understand how that can feel hopeless and frustrating, but it’s a great sign that you were in the gym working out! Just taking one step in the right direction can shift our whole momentum! So often the first step is the most difficult because it can seem impossible and overwhelming, but once we move, even just the tiniest bit in a new direction, we’ve interrupted the self destructive pattern. How do you feel after working out? Do you notice it helping your thoughts? When I feel trapped, working out really helps once I get started. My favorite saying is “ We don’t have to feel good to get started, but we have to get started to give ourselves a chance at feeling good.” You’ve taken steps by going to the gym and by reaching out here and realizing you can’t do it alone! That’s something to be proud of! You are not alone and there is so much hope for you! Total Change may not happen overnight but we have to celebrate every step forward because life is hard! But each time you choose to work out or reach out you are defeating the darkness and self destruction and it keeps getting easier.I promise you it’s worth it. I encourage you to celebrate each step and be proud of recognizing that you want to change! You gave support here and I’m behind you 100%!

4 Likes

I appreciate you reaching out, it takes a lot of strength and courage to do that. It’s so easy to bring ourselves down, it seems as if it’s of nature for humans to self-destruct. It’s almost satisfying to spend ourselves out to bring a sense of temporary fulfillment, but unfortunately, it doesn’t last, so we keep repeating our habits. I promise that this will not last. While it may seem that you are not getting anywhere, I ensure you that you are growing, and making progress. Everyone’s growth is different, unique, and individual. We are all here for you, and we all love you. Keep shining your bright light, I believe in you :heart:

3 Likes