Ive lost my job

Ive lost my job after 10 years, I hated it so much, but it still hurts to lose . it hurts being fired

2 Likes

Hey friend,

Welcome to HeartSupport! I’m glad that you found us and felt comfortable enough to share what you’re dealing with.

Isn’t it interesting that getting fired from a job brings us pain? Before I dive into that, I just want to make sure that you are otherwise okay?

Were you looking for other jobs, are you in an okay place to go find another job and start over again… prefurably at a job that you enjoy?

That being said rejection sensitivity is a real thing. There’s been ample studies done on it that show that even as adults who “should be immune” to rejection feel physical pain when this occurs. Here’s a video that does a really good job of laying it out. I hope that it helps broaden your understanding of what you may be experiencing… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2fSv7Ch-oQ

Additionally, I want to share that you’re not alone in this. I was fired from a job that I actually hated, but clung onto about 2 years ago. At first it was incredibly painful and it felt completely embarrasing to be laid off…even from a job I didn’t like.

Weird thing is, though, is that even though I went through a REALLY dark period in my life, what it turned out to be was one incredible opportunity. It gave me time to reflect, to meditate, to understand what it was that truly fulfilled me, inspired me. It allowed me the time to do some “me work/inner work.” Now I’m in a job where I get to do something that I would do in my free time and I get paid to do it now. Granted, I had to take a couple steps down the tottem pole, but my happiness and energy I feel about the work I do now far outweighs the delta in monthly pay. Additionally, it’s a common trend among people who do make a lot of money that they do what they love… so that’s also something to consider.

I hope this helps a bit. If you want I’m more than happy to talk through more details about this as this is certainly a journey.

Stay strong my friend. I believe in you!

Welcome, Anthony68! I’m so glad you’ve found this community.

Losing a job is the worse. Being fired can make you feel angry or inadequate. 10 years at one company is a decent chunk of time, and they practically threw you away despite all the work you’ve given them. Yeah, that hurts a lot. And losing a job isn’t just a change in employment status and income. It’s a loss of routine, of interactions, of purpose (even if you hated it).

I still hurt from the last job that I lost, and I only had it for a year. For me, it really messed up by already shaky self-confidence, and finding a new long-term employment has been a challenge for me.

It’s hard to see the positives when this experience hurts so much. Yeah, you’ll be able to find a better work environment, but how that last job ended will still hurt to think about.

I’ve been in the job search mode for a while, so if there are any tips or suggestions that you’d like, let me know!

Take Care!

I want to thank you so much for taking time to respond , ive read your message many times with tears coming down, thank you so much , I know im not alone,theres kind people out there like you,I hated that job so much, but it still hurts. I know I will be ok, its A process,Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Hello reclaimer, thank you for your kind words,they help me so much,theres great people like you , who let me know things will be ok.

Hey Friend,

sorry for the delay with getting back to you.

It’s good to cry. I cried a lot when I went through this kind of thing. Try to explore those emotions to understand why you feel that way… how can you make sure this doesn’t happen again?

I hope you’re doing well. Are you hunting for jobs? Made the transition yet? Would you like help if you’re stuck?

Stay strong friend, proud of you. Good things will indeed come.