Job hunting with Parkinson’s

Hey guys! So I’m kinda just reaching at whatever I can here. Hoping that someone has some advice!

Through no fault of their own, a community member was laid off from his job in retail and is struggling to find another. They are based in Oregon and live with Parkinson’s, but are still able to do jobs such as cart pushing and cashier.

Being from the UK I don’t know much about what’s available in the US or in their state, and I’m just hoping someone here could help out with advice or resources for a job seeker in the state!

Please feel free to reach out to me if you can help in any way!

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

In a nutshell, creating an indeed . Com account and getting a good resume together is where anyone should start.

The resume should be precise and to the point, emphasizing skills mentioned in the job posting. They should apply for everything theyre interested in, not just what they think they can get.

Approach interviews with an open mind and confidence, as they wouldnt be at least somewhat interested if an interview was offered.

This is my immediate advice. I could offer more detailed advice if requested.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.