Just can t hear this to the end no matter how much

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to Daddy By Korn
Just can’t hear this to the end no matter how much I try. I was abused only physically by my schizophrenic mom but I feel this just a bit to much. This is a song, that depicts reality just a bit too much. I wish strength to everyone who has to deal with these emotions.

1 Like

I just wanted to say you are strong as well. Thank you for sharing your story.

-The Video Editor

HOLD FAST

1 Like

@@HeartSupport thank you very much, it helps a lot to know I‘m not alone and that there’s support <3

1 Like

It’s okay if you can’t watch the video entirely - sometimes the pain and emotions we’ve been carrying just take over, and it’s okay to honor them. Thank you already for sharing about these parts of your story. About the abuse you’ve been through, how it has affected you and keeps being a wound so painful to carry. The child you were was so strong and brave for making it through the years they had to endure your mom’s behavior. The adult you is absolutely courageous and beautiful in expressing this hurt and the vulnerable emotions it creates when thinking of it. Thank you for speaking about it today, for naming what happened just as it is, for sharing how difficult it can be to relive the same emotions and events over and over.

I grew up with an abusive mom myself and deeply relate to the heartbreak, grief and just emotional storm it creates within. As children, we expect our mother to be the very first person we would be safe with. When that’s not the case, it feels like you have to completely re-learn as an adult what life, love and care are supposed to be. It’s feels as if you are constantly challenged in your very right to be and exist.

When we allow ourselves to be vulnerable and open up as you just did, we make it possible for the loneliness to fade away. For there’s been too many years of struggling in silence and shame, too many tears unseen as well. You absolutely deserve to reclaim your life, at your own pace, and in a way that finally feels right for you.

I appreciate how you’ve expressed your vulnerability wholeheartedly here, and wish you all the best moving forward. There is breath in your lungs, and that alone holds so much power, my friend. :heart:

@@HeartSupport I couldn’t have said it better. Thank you very very much for taking the time to make such a heartfelt reply, it really touched me and gives me strength to read this! Much love to you and everyone else who might read this and find themselves in it <3

2 Likes