Just need a listening ear

From prismalised: I’m not looking for advice for this situation but perhaps advice to deal with these feelings and most importantly it would be great if anyone could understand me

I feel like I’m going to die soon. I feel this way because of political conflicts around this region and I’m not going to say where I’m from or what conflict I’m talking about because I don’t care about that, i just want to live peacefully. I’ve been feeling this for a while and after bottling it up i told some people about it and most of them didn’t understand me so i thought that i would let it out here, all i wish for is to be heard in this lonely world

It has become somewhat of a habbit to think about it and i just don’t know what to do with these thoughts and feelings. It haunts me knowing that i might die so young, and that it can hit any minute if it wants to… but there’s nothing i can really do about it

2 Likes

Hi prismalised,

Thank you for sharing with us. HeartSupport is definitely a great place to express your feelings, be seen, heard, and understood by others. I’m truly sorry to hear about how you have been feeling. I imagine it must cause some anxiety when you grapple with these thoughts. Death itself is a scary unknown factor for every person, but more so when you fear that it could happen prematurely. You start to wonder about all the things you would miss out on if you were to pass too soon.

There isn’t anything we can do about when, or how we die. We can only take some type of control over how we live. I too have had struggles with thoughts such as these, though I will admit, it may not be as frequently as you have expressed. I sometimes worry about if I was to pass today or tomorrow would I be happy with my life, when my answer is no, I experience a wave of negative emotions such as anxiety, discontentment, unhappiness, jealousy of others, etc. For myself, I realized that the only thing I can do is to try my best to change my answer from a no to a yes. To focus on living and trying to accomplish my goals and my dreams as best as I can (within my limitations of course). I have found this to be somewhat helpful whenever I start to spiral down that rabbit hole.

Everyone deserves to live a peaceful life in peaceful environment, and having to live through political unrest is so unsettling. And it really does cause you to think about certain things and topics that other people don’t have to, or are maybe just afraid to think about themselves. Regardless of their reasoning, you are understood here. :white_heart:

1 Like

Hello prismalised

That feeling can’t be a fun one to have. I’m sorry that the political conflicts around you are causing you to have this feeling of doom and gloom. I’m not sure how “in your face” the conflicts are, but I would encourage you to try to focus on what you can in your own personal space, and in the moment. Things that you enjoy to do, take your mind of things, and make you more content with life. Trying your best to avoid any news, or outlets that are constantly talking about/reminding you of the conflicts that are happening.

To focus on how you can live your life now, so as to get the most out of it, no matter how much time you have, or don’t have left. Living life, like each moment is your last. This is kind of a cliche saying, but it is also something that can be very true and powerful. No matter the situation a person is in. If you spend your moments dreading the future, there will be no ability to have peace and enjoyment in the present.

I have experienced these kinds of feelings not because of political conflict, or war, but because of my own mental health and anxieties of a different kind. The more I have been able to ground myself in the present moment, doing the things that I want/need to do, to better my own life. The less my dread of the future can affect me. Routines, staying busy, and trying to build myself up to be better/stronger. Looking for how to improve my current situation and feelings, regardless of what’s to come in the future. Have been things that have helped me in dealing with emotions related to what could be in the future. Sometimes it is hard to do this even in the present moment, depending on circumstances, but even a terrible moment can sometimes be made just a little bit better with the right perspective and focus on trying to improve it.

I’m not sure if anything I say is useful, but I wish you the best and hope that you can find answers to make yourself feel better, and worry less of what’s to come. <3

Hi prismalised,

Although our situations may not be the same, wherein we are not faced with the same conflicts, the feeling of powerlessness you mention I very much connect with. I often find myself worrying about the future and the uncertainty it brings. At the end of the day, tomorrow isn’t promised. What I try to do is to keep this fact in mind and do my best to make the most out of my days. We may not be able to control the grand scheme of things, but we can choose what we do in the present moment. Focusing on what is in front of me has become easier, and in turn, has made my feelings more manageable. Working on our perspectives is something that takes time and effort, but can do so much good. It may seem like a simple idea, but perhaps it is something that can bring you some relief as it did for me. I truly wish you all the best as you navigate these feelings and that you are able to find some peace <3

From prismalised: I don’t know how to reply to these because I’m new in this server but this is a great place thank you, i got good advice from every single one of you and I’m grateful for this

From prismalised: I’m glad that there are people who can understand me