Just need to vent

Hi. I’m new to this website, I just made my account tonight. Anyways I just kinda wanted to vent about something. I’ve honestly been feeling kind of hopeless but I’ve been ignoring it, trying to stay positive. It is really my dream to be in a band someday. My problem is that I know nobody who would want to be in one with me, I don’t have that many friends nor do I know anyone with my music taste. There’s a few, but not many. Anyways, it’s something I keep to myself. I just don’t tell people about it. When people ask me what I want to do as a career I always say I don’t know. But I do. I just don’t know how I’m ever supposed to be in a band if there isn’t any members. So sometimes I just feel like I’m never gonna end up anywhere due to that. It gets frustrating sometimes. I’ve been very focused on writing. It’s something I love, I just don’t know anyone who would do it alongside me. I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining or anything though. I just have some stuff going on right now and I felt like I needed to at least say something.

I’m Brand new here too. I just want to let you know that I read you!

1 Like

Hey friend!
Thanks for reaching out!
I know it can be real hard and stuff. Never give up on your dreams. God places them in our hearts for good reason. Know that the right people will come at the right time. And at the same time don’t be afraid to make new friends too! You never know who you might meet! I know it can be frustrating, but don’t be afraid to reach out! Things will fall into place at the right time. Just don’t waste time sitting and moping, yes cry and let out you anger, but don’t stay there. Go after your passions and don’t let fear ever stop you. God’s got a great plan for your life friend. Trust that He will lead you and put the right people in your path. :slight_smile: Hope this helps
Hold fast!

I suggest watching the movie Bohemian Rhapsody. The Lead singer of Queen experienced a similar circumstance. Maybe watching that movie will give you an idea of where to start or who to look for.

Hey friend.

First I want you to say thank you for having the courage and bravery to make a post on the support wall. Know you’re loved here and we are glad you are here.

I didn’t have the same dream as you, but I had a dream that was a bit far fetched. I wanted to be a forensic investigator for the fbi (my dreams later changed but not because I was discouraged), and my friend I want to tell you the same thing I’ve been told. Dream big and reach for the stars. But also have a back up plan just in case it doesn’t work out.

I encourage you to start making steps towards pursuing this career. Talk to people, reach out online, see if anyone would be interested in starting a band, or are looking for another member etc. Remember reach for the stars.

Love you friend,
Hold Fast and Dream Big
Monkey

Thank you so much. I’ve never felt like giving up, I’m just not so good with patience. My amount of patience has improved though, so that’s good. But I do think that with time, I will meet the right people.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion, I will look into that!

Thank you for writing such kind things. I truly appreciate it. I guess sometimes all I need is somebody to remind me not to give up. So far I haven’t exactly taken steps to reach out to people, because I’m hoping that I will meet new people at school. Thanks again.