Just some thoughts about queer history (cw talks about illness and death)

I’m currently on my way to a funeral and I just been thinking about things and one of them is family mostly the family we make not the family we are born into I’m a queer person who comes from a pretty busted home and I often think about how I’ll never have kids of my own even if I wanted them cuz of my hormone treatment when I get on it I’ll go sterile and I mean even before that I’ll have my reproductive bits cut off do to the literal pain they cause me so I often think about those we lost during the outburst of aids and how often those people in the queer community are only lived on by their memories and sometimes their kink gear in some cases I wish we could of had their stories written down cuz they would mean so much to us as a community I’m currently in the process of growing my own family of friends and I just wish it dident have to be this way for alot of us and I wish more places were like this forum where we can just be open and accepting cuz we all need some sort of love and family :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You are right. Too many stories have been lost. Not enough compassion has been expressed. It is a very good thing that you are establishing a heart connection those you choose to consider family. Experience with my family was mainly of abuse and neglect. I felt as though I actually had lost out on family, and because of it there was a void in my life. Then one day it occurred to me that if I can’t feel connection to my biological family, there is a world of people out there, including those who I would gratefully adopt (if they would accept me) as part of my family.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! They are cause for reflection and inspiration.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.