Kitboga #heartsupport - My husband got made redundant on Monday this week

kitboga #heartsupport - My husband got made redundant on Monday this week. the company he worked for folded & we don’t have any assurance that they’re going to be able to pay this last month’s wages. I am so beyond stressed about money. I’ve always been a positive person & now I’m crippled with anxiety & depression :tired_face: I found kit 3 months ago when I got scammed & lost £6478 - that was all of our savings, we were saving for a house deposit to try & buy our first home - so losing his job couldn’t have come at a worse time! it will be a very quiet Christmas & I’m so upset my kids will be missing out from Santa. i appreciate u #kitboga - I’ve learned so much from u just in these 3 short months :heart_hands:

3 Likes

Oh @KeepOnKitBogaingScammers, friend I’m so sorry that you and your family have been dealing with so much bad luck in such a short amount of time.

The fact that you were scammed just a couple of months ago, and on top of it knowing that your husband’s source of income is going to be removed must be so stressful. It makes completely sense to feel anxious about all of this right now. Not only it’s part of these unexpected life events that are completely undeserved and out of your control, but on top of it the holidays season incoming adds this layer of helplessness to the whole picture. You want the best for your family and for your kids, you want to make sure they can dream, celebrate and feel joy during this season. Rest assured that you are a good, loving, caring parent, friend, and what you are facing right now are external circumstances that won’t change this fact.

Over the years I personally had some very low-key and quiet Christmas, sometimes out of choice but usually out of necessity. The hardest part was to see others gifting things to each other, even receiving things but not being able to give in return. I hated that and always felt ashamed when I was put in this position because of various life circumstances. Through it all though, something I’ve always been reminded of, every single time, was that the people I really love and who really love me didn’t care about any of this. It was a lot more about having quality time together, even if it meant that it had to be simple. I know that sounds a bit cheesy and awfully simple put that way, and it’s different when it comes to the perspective of children themselves. I am sure though that having even simple ways to celebrate together would be enough already to bring joy to their heart. Playing games together, watching their favourite movie, cooking something very simple but preparing it together, maybe even creating things for each other… Like drawings for example and having a fun session creating things together. It may not be full of lights and sparkles but it would be made of YOU all, as a family, and that may be what is the most essential through it all, especially now. That you are together and that you love each other. :heart:

I hope so much that this upcoming year will be full of positive news and helpful changes for your husband and you. That you will manage to rely on and support each other as you both navigate this challenging season ahead. You’ve had your share of injustice lately, and you deserve so much to feel more at peace and free from all of these stressors. I hope you can also dedicate time for yourself to take care of your heart, breathe, journal or whatever action could help you feel some relief, even if it’s just a couple of minutes here and there. I know how financial stress can feel awfully suffocating and like ut’s taking over everything else. Through all of it, you matter so very much, and so is your well-being, friend. I’ll be rooting for you all.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I asked my sister to lend me some of her board games so we have some “new” ones to play on Christmas Day. My husband was up first thing looking for new jobs again. He’s applied for everything going so here’s hoping for a Christmas miracle and something turns up for him asap. Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I’ve read it over and over again. “This too shall pass.” :heart_hands:

1 Like

Wow, seriously impressed by your husband’s capacity to stay in movement! That’s really amazing. True real life hero there. I hope with you that good news won’t wait to happen! You guys are dedicated and making sure that happens - you can be so proud of you. :heart:

Also yay for the board games! Here’s to discovering some new things all together with your family. :heart: