@kitboga - Mental health & my dad passed away

My mental health has gotten worse this year and I tried everything to get to a better version of me. In October my dad got rushed in to hospital with covid, he was there 3 weeks before he passed away on the 22nd November. His funeral is on the 23rd December.

It feels like a light went out in me and there’s just a hole left. It still doesn’t feel really that he’s gone :confused::upside_down_face:

I want to thank you @Kitboga as during the time he was in hospital and after he passed your stream was the only thing I could contrete on so thank you for making me laugh with your streams and video’s

13 Likes

I am so very sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is one of the hardest experiences that anyone can endure. It is completely normal to feel like a hole is present when you have suffered an irreplaceable loss like this. I am really happy that Kit was able to provide you some relief during a difficult time, and please continue to seek out whatever you find meaningful in the moment – whether that’s a stream, a conversation with a friend or confidant, or some alone time. There isn’t a single right answer, because the processing and progression of grief varies among individuals even though the experience of grief is common to us all. In time, you might find that the hole gets filled to some extent with some other memories or events. That doesn’t mean the hole will be gone or your feelings for your father have lessened to any extent, only that you are moving forward as best that you can.

Please know that you have the thoughts and prayers of the people here, and do not hesitate to reach out.

2 Likes

Hi I am very sorry for your loss, I pray for you and your family to be blessed with strength during this time, I truly believe that those who have passed are always with us in the spirit form. Focus on your healing during this time. Do things that will cherish your dads memory. He is always with you. If you ever need to talk we are here for you.

2 Likes

I can so relate to “and I tried everything to get to a better version of me”. That so describes me and this year, and I was knocked down so far. I hope that after everything settles down, that you will try again to work towards a better version of yourself. You deserve it and I know your dad would want you to be happy and to be the best version of yourself. Much love friend. I’m thinking about you.

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it feels like to lose a parent. It isn’t easy no matter the circumstances. Grief is a rollercoaster & sometimes you have moments where the burden isn’t as heavy, & then there are times when it is so much. But, you are such a strong person & I know are an amazing person. I appreciate you for reaching out to others to support you & encourage you.

You are loved. You are strong.

2 Likes

@princessookami I am so very sorry for your loss. It is absolutely unfair that covid took your dad away so brutally. The love you feel for him and your willingness to honor him is entirely felt through your words here.

Please rely on this community as much as needed. Give yourself as much time as needed to process what is happening. You are not alone. We are here for you.

Your dad and you will be in my thoughts this 23rd December. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

it’s been 3 years for me since my dad passed, and i’m not going to say it gets easier, but it does get easier to deal with. i met the love of my life 3 days after my dad passed, these things happen but it’s important to pay attention to the good things that show up, the windows or doors that open when one closes. it’s not an easy thing to go through, my dad died suddenly from brain bleed, he had brain cancer, they all said he wasnt going to die any time soon, i never will forget the good times, try to remember the good memories and they will never die. remember the good memories. much love!

1 Like

the journey of grief can be long and hard, but know that you feel so much pain because you have so much love in you.

Love is what will fuel you as you move forward, even this intense pain will ease and you’ll remember the good times and be able to smile again. Be kind and gentle to yourself, take care of yourself, we’re here for you

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss princessookami. I haven’t experienced the loss of a parent, so I can’t imagine the pain you feel, but I’ve had my own experience with grief. I lost my younger sister suddenly 4 years ago. I felt the same emptiness you might be feeling now. Grief sucks, that’s all there is to it. But it will get easier to live with. The bad days will get further and further apart, and the dark thoughts will stop bringing themselves into the front of your mind so often. Your grief will never leave you, but you will get stronger, and it will be easier to bear. You will never forget your father, nor should you. You will watch a great new TV show and you will want to call him and tell him about it. You will see something he would have liked in a store and you will think about buying it for him. You will see a stranger from behind who looks just like him and you will want to call out even though you know it’s not him. It will suck. It will feel awful. But time will make things hurt less. You will be able to tell stories about him and look at pictures without tearing up. You will make his favorite food and smile as you eat it. You will find a way to go on, even though that whole in your heart is still there. But it will take time. Please don’t be angry with yourself for still feeling the pain and confusion. Be patient with yourself, and with your family. Be each others strength, and when things feel unbearable, please reach out to someone to help lift you back up. Even if it’s just posting here again.

2 Likes

@princessookami

Sending love your way today. I hope the funerals are going to be a time for love, connection and memory for you and your family. You are not alone. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.