@kitboga Ya ever have just "one of those days"?

Ever have “one of those days”…but then the days turn into weeks, and the weeks turn into months, and the months turn into years…and well, the years turn to decades. I just constantly feel like I’m in a funk, and can’t get out of it. I’ve even tried drastically changing my lifestyle to something I thought would make me happy, but I have been miserable. I live and work alone… and I just feel SO lonely all the time. Do you (or chat) have any advice on how to cope with that feeling?
By the way, I know you’ve been told this a billion times, but you and your streams have got me through some extremely tough times over the years, and I want to THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. You’re a lovely human being, and I wish everyone could be like you. <3

7 Likes

I feel the same a lot of the time. Even during moments I’m not actually physically alone it still feels like there’s no one there. I have issues with being really reserved and also speech issues which make it really hard to create meaningful connections with people and so most of the time I don’t really feel like I have anyone.

Even though it isn’t much, watching videos, specifically live streams, gets me through a lot. There’s few people like kit who genuinely care about their community and finding those communities who care has helped me out, and it feels good to kind of be a part of something even if it’s little. Hopefully that helps you in the slightest. Just remember, there’s a whole community who cares a bunch about you, and you’re not as alone as you feel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello there,

I can only speak to what helps me, & what helps me is that I try to find some small bit of joy in each day. It can be a sort of “hide & seek” kind of thing and it helps me get through the day. I know all too well how it feels to where the days drag on and on without any light at the end of the tunnel, but I also know that it can be extremely rewarding at the end of the day to seek to joy in the day. I believe in you & I know that you will be stronger than you were before. Keep pressing on, my friend. I hope you have a wonderful New Year filled with joy, peace, and love.

You are strong. You are capable. You are courageous. You are valid. You are worthy. You are loved.

2 Likes

hi friend, thank you for being here on the forum and being vulnerable and allowing us in on this aspect of your life. do you have any pets to help fill that loneliness and even give you something to work towards, dedicating time to keeping another being alive and happy, and they’ll do the same for you in return. without my dog, i would barely leave my apartment aside for errands. he has helped my days living and working alone and i hope that maybe a dog, cat, fish, etc. can bring you that same joy. aside from a pet, what are some other goals to give your life some fulfillment? could you work from a local coffee shop some days to feel less alone? your HS community is here for you always to talk through anything. we’re here for you, we love you, and we believe in you. love, twix

2 Likes

Hi @User1337 Welcome! I’m sorry you’re having problems with feeling lonely. I’m not sure if you are allowed to have pets or not, but perhaps something like a cat could help take some of that away. Having something to take care of give you some purpose. Take care! ~Mystrose

3 Likes

Hey friend, thank you so much for your post, having lived on my own for all of my adult life and having social phobia I can certainly relate to being on your own however I generally dont find lonliness a problem, I think i have gotten so used to my own company it is just the norm. saying that I have pets and they are my life, if I didnt have them I think i would feel very different, Also you have written your post to kitboga, well 10 months ago I too joined the community and then Heartsupport and got involved with them and have not looked back, my life has changed in ways I cannot explain to you. I would encourage you to push yourself out into maybe this one, im sure there are others where you can meet wonderful people and maybe even offer help and support to others who are feeling the same way you are. I did and it feels amazing. I hope 2022 is a better year for you. much love lisa

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.