Kneel down and clear this stone of leaves he is at

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Slipknot “Wait And Bleed”
“Kneel down and clear this stone of leaves”… he is at a cemetery clearing a flat marker covered with leaves. His pain is from a loss of a loved one and he feels alone in his pain and grief. I recently lost someone I cared for very much and can relate to these thoughts. :cry:

2 Likes

I’m truly sorry for your loss. I hope that those words remind you that you’re not alone in your pain. Grief is something that unites all of us.

My heart and thoughts are with you x

Those words are beautiful and I think almost every person can relate, so sad. I am so sorry for your loss friend. In your grief please remember to celebrate how lucky you were to know them xx

1 Like

Hi there,

I thought hard about what I could say here, but in the end I’d like to start off by saying sorry for your loss. Losing somebody close can leave us feeling like we have nobody. It makes us feel like we are the only ones who can and should shoulder the weight of our pain.

The image you created in our mind speaks to the similar experience of trying to uncover the memories hidden beneath pain and sadness. The lyrics from the song echo the raw, uncomfortable and often gut-wrenching emotions that accompany grief.

Everybody grieves in their own way, but please reach out to loved ones and your support network! :blue_heart:

Your feeling and thoughts are valid. Poetry is a great way to express your feelings. I love your poem, I can hear the pain and sadness your going through while I read it. There is no wrong or right way to grieve. Grief is unique and different for everyone. Your coping the best way you know how. When we lose a loved one it can feel isolationg and lonely. I just want to remind you that your not alone and can always reach out here. Take care of yourself. You matter

Yes, these lyrics and the video combined together are such a raw and brutal image, a powerful depiction of the heaviness and silence that lies behind grief itself. Clearing the cold flat marker and seeing the leaves continuing their cycles in a place where life seems to have been gone… it’s beautiful and tragic at the same time. It feels unfair.

I’m so very sorry that you’ve been yourself hit by loss recently. It is so hard to lose someone we love and care about so very deeply, and feels like a part of your own heart is being taken away from you. You are left there, forced to compose with the silences and unwanted solitude, while the only thing you want is just one moment to hug them again and hear them laugh. It’s hard to accept that reality, and when you do it feels like it just keeps coming through waves over and over, as if you were to realize each time for the very first time that someone you love is gone. I hate that you’ve been experiencing this pain, friend. For what it’s worth, I’ll be rooting for you as you try to compose with all of this.

When I lost people I love, something I wish someone would have told me is that it’s okay to feel whatever comes, and whenever it comes while navigating the realms of grief. There are times when we burden ourselves with thinking that we should feel a certain way (or not), that we should be able to keep doing the things we used to do… but in reality it’s okay to acknowledge grief being a particularly messy journey. It’s okay to give yourself permission to feel what needs to be felt, and to talk about everything you need to express. You will never be wrong for the way you feel about this person’s disappearance. Now, tomorrow, in two years. It’s okay to cry, okay to feel angry, okay to scream and okay to rest. If anything, you are not alone, friend. Sending much love your way. :heart:

-Micro