Late Night Random Thought...(Depression)

I was the HAPPIEST little child growing up…Now as an adult? I…don’t know who I am anymore.

1 Like

Hi TomTwitch91!

Life can hurt us and twist us up inside until we lose that happiness we once had.
But I want you to know that you can find that happiness again. It might not be the same as it was when you were little, but it can be just as sweet and maybe a little brighter because you will cherish those good moments even more. Remember that every new morning is the opportunity to find who you are. Every day gives us the opportunity to live, love, experience, and find either what we lost or find something new we never even considered. Reach out for help and know that that happy child is still inside of you. You can find that happiness again.
Love,
Cassie

2 Likes

Tomtwitch91-
I can relate to your feelings regarding this topic. Nostalgia is always reeeally tough to handle.
But my best advice to you is to embrace the day for what it is…embrace every beautiful thing about yourself and/or your surroundings. Try to find the tiniest thing to get you through the next minute. Because you can never rewind time. And someday this very moment will be the past.

It’s overwhelming …yet comforting at the same time.
-Eyeless

1 Like

P.s.
It’s OKAY to not know who you are. Life is an adventure full of learning …and struggling… and developing. Hang in there!
Sending well wishes

1 Like

@TomsStillHere

You will figure out of who you are. Your best days are coming. I hope you are hanging on. Thank you for sharing. God bless you.