Lets see how it feels in a week ive never been abl

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Sick Boi Ren
“let’s see how it feels in a week.” I’ve never been able to afford therapy, despite desperately needing it. I don’t even bother telling myself I’ll feel better in a week. Everything has just boiled down into “It is what it is.” It doesn’t get better, no matter how much they say it does, That’s how it feels at least. And after trying to express your pain to regular people or worse yet, uncaring healthcare professionals, and being stonewalled or called whiny, you stop seeing the point. Everything hurts, and that’s just life, always. There is no salvation on the horizon, or hope of getting better, just pay the bills and try not to die.

2 Likes

Hi @HeartSupport_Fans,

Therapy can be expensive so I can totally understand your struggles. I don’t know if you live near a community mental health center because the copay is cheap or could be free depending on your health insurance. I would recommend to call your health insurance. They might can help you find the right therapy that 's affordable to pay.

Not everyone feels like therapy helps them. There is a lot uncaring healthcare professionals that I met for many years. I met them a few in my life. Don’t give up fighting mental health issues. You are alone in this situation. These days I just accept if I have a good or bad day. I always try to focus on the present but not the future. The more I think about the future, it makes me more anxious.

Thank you so much for opening up and being so honest with us. I’m so sorry that you’ve had people respond to your openness by calling you whiny or by stonewalling you. By doing that they only make you feel more isolated, like the pit you’re in is just getting deeper, all while basically ignoring the fact that there is a pit and that you are struggling. I’m so sorry you’ve had to deal with this.

That pit can feel endless, and it can feel so hopeless to believe that you’ll never be able to escape your present pain. I want you to know that no matter how regular people or healthcare professionals have made you feel, you are worthy of feeling joy. You were not created solely for pain. Human beings are not put on this earth merely for suffering, and that includes you. Struggle is a part of the human condition, but it is not endless. No matter how much despair you may be feeling, and no matter how bleak your outlook on the future may be, I truly believe that there is better in store for you. The fact that you are open and honest enough to open up on this platform shows that you are self-aware of your struggles and seeking help, which is a massive step in receiving help. You are on your way to healing, and though that path may be long and winding, full of ups and surely full of downs, you are on your way up that mountain where you will find the air to be clearer, the pain a memory, and a bright horizon of hope lighting up endless possibilities for countless amazing days ahead in your future. The climb up the mountain will be hard, and there will be times where you question why you didn’t stay in the valley, but I promise you that there is so much better waiting for you on this path to healing that you are taking.

I wholeheartedly believe that there is salvation for you, there is hope of getting better, and there is an end to your pain. This world is so much better with you in it, and you were not created solely to suffer. You were wonderfully created for a life of purpose and joy, and though you may be in a season of doubt and despair now, I know that there is so much hope for your future. I love you and truly believe in your journey. Thank you for opening up here- we at HeartSupport are always here for you.

4 Likes

Thank you for calling out and opening up, it’s not an easy thing to do. I recognize and feel your pain. You feel hopeless, and helpless searching for therapy and help. Sometimes, this leaves us to build a wall around ourselves, and find comfort separated from other people. Us here at Heartsupport all love you, hear you, and care for you deeply. Life truly is a beautiful thing. Keep looking for the positives, they’re all around you. Your purpose here is significant, and you truly do matter. Keep shining you light my friend :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Friend, thank you so much for reaching out for support!
I’m so sorry you’ve had poor experiences with healthcare professionals–it can be extremely demoralizing when we encounter negativity in spaces where we are supposed to be able to trust and find support. I really hope those negative experiences don’t deter your resolve to continue trusting people and bettering yourself!
I hope this doesn’t come across as too cliché, but life truly DOES get better! What you said about “no salvation on the horizon or hope of things getting better” heavily resonated with a state of mind I was in several years back, and, if you don’t mind me sharing, the love of Jesus and the hope found in the Bible really provided so much purpose and freedom from a bleak and hopeless mindset I had. If you have any interest in hearing more of this, then I’d genuinely love to share more–there is so much more than paying your bills and trying not to die.
Regardless, I’m praying that you can see that light at the end of the tunnel and continue pressing on in your development. I’m rooting for you!

1 Like