Letter to my friend

I’m going write a pretent letter to my friend on here.

For my most my life, I had always been a loner. Never felt that fit into any group. Always had a hard time connecting with women. To be honest, I had done a lot shitty things to people. Did not understand boundaries, people always look at me as a wirdo. Women tent to use me and never seen me as a friend. No matter what I do for them and how much I care, it never good enough.

When I met you, I though things would be different. That you actually like hanging out with me. You mean the words you said. That was not a loser and creep. I know my feelings for you are complicated. Cause you do have a boyfriend that you love. My guys friend kept telling me to hook up with you. But I know it would wrong to ruin your two relationship.

I know you may seen me as friend, it perfectly fine. I never want you to feel you had to be my lover. The friendship is important than me finding a girlfriend. However, you probably creek out that I have feelings for you. That why you are leaving me for good.

I’m heartbroken to point of suicide, my teacher was right that will never have any friends or girlfriend. That too much like Peter Pan and refuse to grow up. I wish could just scream at you, make you feel like shit and make you hurt. But I know that would be wrong.

I just want you just be my friend, cause I feel I have done a lot for you and you mean the world to me. However, I know you probably never care, that what hurt the most.

10 Likes

I’m sorry you’re going through this. Your teacher reminds me of my 9th grade counselor. He promised me I’d fail at everything. I really didn’t do so hot for a number of years, but ended up doing okay anyway.

I’m pretty sure she still doesn’t think poorly of you. It’s not unusual for a guy friend and a boyfriend together to cause confused emotions in a girl. It may have become too hard for her to deal with, and have nothing to do with you personally.

I’ve had some rough separations. I’ve spent a lot of time curled up in a fetal position, in tears. I used to imagine getting back together with lost loves, but it never happened. To this day, I still care for them. For all the heartbreak, I’m grateful for having known them.

There are 167.5 million women in the US. 95.5 million of them are single. You still stand a chance of finding someone.

It’s really good that you’re not acting on your impulsive emotions, instead doing the right thing and giving her space.

7 Likes

hi metal,

thank you for sharing this letter to your friend. while i know it was pretend, i hope writing these thoughts and feelings out helped you heal and gave more clarity to the situation. it breaks my heart that your teacher would convince you of a lie that you could never grow or achieve your goals in life.

would it help you find closure and move forward if you were to send a letter to your friend, removing mentions of suicide baiting? some final thoughts and words to share your side to the story might help you move forward. i hope this week is a bit easier on you, my friend. i hate to see you hurting and hope you feel the love and support i, as well as this whole community, sends you. i’ll be wishing for the best for you and her.

love,
twix

5 Likes

Hi Metal, I am grateful for your letter and I am hoping that you write it here so that you do not have to send it to the person directly.
I understand that you have had an absolutely horrid time, a time that you don’t deserve, you deserve to be happy, to meet someone and fall in love and be genuinely happy. The problems arise when you fall for someone who is in a relationship (thats your first red flag right there) that was never going to work and it was never about your personality or anything else about you it was because she was in a relationship. If she has now decided its over you have to let it go and move on, not just for her but for yourself. Most importantly for yourself metal. You owe it to you to find someone that only wants you. You cannont make someone love you and they cannot make you love them, we all have a choice and its very sad but she has made hers. I hope you can begin to come to terms with that. You will find someone else, there is nothing wrong with you at all. I wish you luck. Much Love Lisa. x

7 Likes

“You were created for more than to bear the weight of your shadows- but you have to choose to no longer let them define you. You have to choose to let the light shine through the shattered pieces.” - Tiger Lilly”

Hello there,

I know that you have had a lot of things going on right now. I encourage you to take some deep breaths and find some peace. Wings had some really good thoughts and I just want to echo what he said. There are so many people out there. Don’t limit yourself. Discover that person that you were meant to find. Take it one day at a time. Be kind to yourself!

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

Hey there @Metalskater1990,

It sounds like you’re going through a lot and breaking friendships can be so tough. With that said, I’ve also read your other posts on this too. Please remember that the current state of your relationship with her doesn’t dictate everything in your life, nor does it eliminate the things that she has said in the past around valuing you. You are amazing, valued, and cared for, regardless of the state of this relationship.

I’m also proud of you for what you said in another one of your posts:

My wise mind, the moral mind, want to forgive her and wish her well. Hope that she is happy and has a good life.

When you are going through such an emotionally tumultuous experience, it is hard to recognize that sometimes the best thing to do is to forgive and move forward with your lives. You’re also much more likely to feel better about it internally then.

For a brief bit of tough love: While I know that it may be tempting to try to hurt her reputation (via threats or similar), when it comes down to it, fighting will hurt both of you more than attempting to forgive would – and it won’t be nearly as satisfying as you might hope for.

I know that forgiveness takes time, and seeking it stinks in the moment, but I also have faith in you abilities to forgive and move forward, both for yourself, and for your friend.

<3 Tuna

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.