Like-a-loud-heart-beat - 1852

This is a topic from FACEBOOK. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on FACEBOOK.

Belongs to: What does panic feel like in your mind? - Interview w/ Mike Hranica of The Devil Wears Prada
like a loud heart beat===

1 Like

Yeah - sometimes it gets so loud in my own head that I can’t “hear” anything else. That’s one of the things that panic does - it sucks all of the attention out of your life except for this moment, this second, this issue, this pain. It’s hard to handle because when it does happen, it’s like you kind of “float” separate from the rest of your life. You are just suspended in this fear / feeling - and it’s freaking miserable! Sometimes the panic even shuts down your ability to solve the issue, where, when you look back, you’re like - oh that would have been so simple to let go of or to fix in this way. But in the moment, it feels like some of your ability to solve things just gets frozen or stuck. It’s really hard. I can relate to this in a lot of ways and appreciate you sharing <3

It sucks when it feels like your anxiety is the only thing you can hear. It’s like during a film when suddenly the soundtrack flips to the sound of a characters heartbeat and everything else fades away. It feels distracting and hard to ignore. I hope you know you’re not alone, that panic and its sounds are familiar to many, myself included. I hope you have support in quieting it.

Sending love,

T

Panic does sound like a very loud heart beat at times. Your description is so on point. It reminds me of all those nights I was trying to sleep and literally hearing/feeling my heart beat while laying down, and not being able to rest because of it. It’s this overwhelming sound that you can’t remove, can’t ignore, and only learn to compose with. But until you figure out how, it takes your attention, your energy, and literally invade your personal world. Panic is this vicious cycle that we feel the urge to control, yet the more we try, the more it become overwhelming. Hard to let go when it feels like your own mind and body are taking over your ability to think rationally and find peace. I don’t know if you’re still struggling with it or if it’s part of an experience of the past for you, but my heart goes out to you today. Thank you for sharing and relating. It helps to know when one is not alone in feeling this way.