Little dose of Positivity

A soft reminder: not everything that weighs you down is yours to carry

-Mental illness is not a personal failure-

Just want to take this time to say that I am proud of all of you for reaching out. Each and every struggle is important. We have all been through different things, and experienced things in different ways. It may be hard to reach out to people we are close to because we are worried about judgement and change in the way people treat us. That is why I’m so happy to see so many people reaching out on here, because although we may not all know each other personally, we can meet people with similar struggles and experiences. Sometimes talking to a stranger is more fulfilling than talking to someone we know.
Please know that your struggles are justified. You absolutely can have emotions and feel what you are feeling, without explanation. I personally do not heavily struggle with mental illness. I have some anxiety, that is controlled, but I was in a relationship with someone who struggled with depression, and eventually took his own life. Although it isn’t something that I go through personally, I feel that I have an understanding on depression through my past relationship. And what I do know is that you all are so brave, and not alone.
I just wanted to remind all of you how important and special you are. You have so much to offer, even if you don’t always feel that way. You matter, and you deserve complete happiness. Sometimes people just need a little positivity. Don’t hesitate to continue to reach out. There are so many amazing people on here offering advice and encouragement, who are happy to respond to your posts. You are never a burden. Please keep sharing. <3

8 Likes

I :clap: love :clap: this :clap::purple_heart:

Much love to you friend, thank you for this post

2 Likes

I hope it can help some people! <3

2 Likes

@larynjoy
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I’m sorry for your loss. It’s a reminder of how a selfish solution to a temporary problem can effect others. Those who struggle are blessed by people like you who seek to help. Thank you.

2 Likes